Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2007, 05:07 PM

13 posts, read 38,800 times

Advertisements

I am hoping someone can help me with some questions regarding a possible relocation to the Houston area. For now, I can pretty much choose any suburb. but the problem is I do not have a clue about Houston period. What I am looking for is a nice area located outside of Houston, near shopping, access to a life basically. In other words not wanting to live out in the boonies. Possibly will be looking to purchase a home, but not wanting to spend more than 200K if possible, and def., not wanting to live near the ghetto either. Schools are not important to me because we do not have small children. Just a really nice town. Also any feedback on The Woodlands and Kingswood. Any help would be much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2007, 05:09 PM

344 posts, read 1,250,858 times
It really just depends on where you would be working.

Old 11-18-2007, 05:15 PM

Hey Mustang...pretty much everywhere, Doing contract work for AT&T, and I am mobile..don't have to worry about paying for gas, company pays for that.

Old 11-18-2007, 05:37 PM

344 posts, read 1,250,858 times
Sugar Land, Spring, Clear Lake, Katy, Cypress are all possibilities. The Woodlands is a little further out than the others. The Spring neighborhoods are close enough to enjoy The Woodlands shopping and dining without paying the extra cost to live there.

Old 11-19-2007, 05:52 AM

Thanks Mustang for the info. I really appreciate your feedback. If anyone out there has any other input please feel free to add your comments....we are really needing some help.

Old 11-19-2007, 06:39 AM

8,895 posts, read 19,999,878 times
Kingwood and The Woodlands are very nice - family oriented areas. Pretty far from downtown but if you aren't commuting it isn't a problem. They are on the north side of town. Clear Lake is on the Southeast side - about 20-25 miles from downtown. Because it is on the Galveston Bay side of Houston you are close to water amenties and the open Gulf if you are into boating, sailing, etc. Home of NASA so community tends to be tight-knit which can be a good thing. No kids -- I would think about living inside the loop - near everything, however cost of homes gets considerably higher.

Old 11-19-2007, 07:52 AM

7,542 posts, read 11,574,791 times
Check out South West Area close to the loop Meyerland Willow Bend West Bury Maplewood nice homes priced from $200K to $400K low crime close to everthing. Just stay away from West Bury South junky homes all lower class mexicans but all of the other areas are great.

Old 11-19-2007, 03:26 PM

Thanks!!! That is the kind of info I was looking for. Not be hateful or anything, but darn...I am tired of seeing junky a.., neighborhoods when you work so hard to make your home nice and presentable. I am def. looking for something more upper class. Once again thanks...and have a wonderful holiday!!

Old 11-19-2007, 03:29 PM

Texas7..thanks as well!! I apprecaite it. We were thinking of The woodlands and Kingwood was brought up, but I remember having a friend about 20 yrs ago who lived in Kingwood and she wasn't happy. But then again she didn't like Texas period. I am going to do some more research. Our kids are grown...although we are still young. We like going out, but our phase of staying out until 3am is over. Just looking for a nice area that is accesible to everything.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston