U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2013, 06:17 PM

113 posts, read 157,157 times

Advertisements

hello.. i am in process of buying a property on short sale cash paid next week. i am preparing in advance in case of any issue arises. Do both buyer and seller sign the hud1? what happens if seller wont sign on closing day or the process got delayed due to any other issue. I need to pay money to title using cashiers check. is there a risk here if transaction will not go through? will i get my money back? Also do sellers bank need to approve the hud1 again? they already have bank approval letter and at final stage. any information is helpful. feedback is appreciated thx
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2013, 08:18 PM

9,053 posts, read 16,083,869 times
Yes, both sign HUD. Yes, you will get your money back if it doesn't go through and it's selling side's fault. Yes, seller's bank has to approve HUD. Why wouldn't seller sign? It's than seller's lender that is always the problem child. They can delay closing due to pure incompetence, which happens often. Then you have to extend contract via an amendment that everyone signs off on, if you continue to want it. Short sales are a pain for normal buyers - investors don't mind, because their life isn't revolving around the close, like yours is. Good luck - maybe it will go smoothly.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston