Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 06:55 PM

89 posts, read 125,715 times

Advertisements

UH, A&M, SMU on global list of 100 schools that make CEOs - Houston Chronicle

Go Coogs!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2013, 07:07 PM

1,483 posts, read 1,717,555 times
I'd prefer to send my kid to a school where he got an excellent education than to a school where he'd be most likely to be a ceo. That type of prioritization will be the downfall of Western civilization.

Old 11-02-2013, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerbear30 View Post
I'd prefer to send my kid to a school where he got an excellent education than to a school where he'd be most likely to be a ceo. That type of prioritization will be the downfall of Western civilization.
UH is getting better every year. I can give you some links to prove otherwise.

Old 11-02-2013, 07:14 PM

1,475 posts, read 2,764,759 times
Quote:
Huh? UH has an outstanding liberal arts program. Hell, it has the number one creative writing program in the nation. Your "kid" would get a great education at UH not to mention he would be attending "the" most diverse university in the entire nation.

Old 11-02-2013, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jek74 View Post
Huh? UH has an outstanding liberal arts program. Hell, it has the number one creative writing program in the nation. Your "kid" would get a great education at UH not to mention he would be attending "the" most diverse university in the entire nation.
Not to mention their outstanding football team that will soon be ranked next week as well as the new football stadium that will be ready next summer.

Just in 5 years, UH has completely transformed thanks tot he new Renu Khator. UH now has the second most on campus housing int texas.

Source:
At the University of Houston, Perception is a Challenge | The Texas Tribune

Old 11-02-2013, 07:33 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,416,699 times
Quote:
Another UT/A&M hater.

Old 11-02-2013, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
Another UT/A&M hater.
lol he's probaly one of those "t-shirt" fans. Heck, UT didnt even make this list

Old 11-02-2013, 08:34 PM

1,483 posts, read 1,717,555 times
Just to clarify, I really like UH and I agree with almost all of the praise being mentioned here, although you might be going too far with the #1 ranking for creative writing. In fact, when I was on campus the other day with my son, I told him, "this is the kind of school I would like to see you attending." My point was not to contrast two kinds of schools but rather to contrast two kinds of measures. Saying "that's a good school for my kid because it produces ceo's" is not something I'd ever do.

Old 11-02-2013, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Just to clarify, I really like UH and I agree with almost all of the praise being mentioned here, although you might be going too far with the #1 ranking for creative writing. In fact, when I was on campus the other day with my son, I told him, "this is the kind of school I would like to see you attending." My point was not to contrast two kinds of schools but rather to contrast two kinds of measures. Saying "that's a good school for my kid because it produces ceo's" is not something I'd ever do.
Yes, I completely agree. It just shows that if one is ambitious enough, one can can one day be a CEO regradless whether its an ivy league school or not.

Old 11-02-2013, 09:37 PM

10,097 posts, read 9,973,431 times
UH has been a hidden gem for years. The world is just now catching up. But what made it so unique might be changed for it to become like the rest. I hope UH stays a cheaper city school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston