Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 08:48 PM

65 posts, read 78,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
And 9/10 times you never see them again because they got through the green and are 10 miles ahead while you sit at the red.

Ha no.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2013, 08:58 PM

427 posts, read 949,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
And 9/10 times you never see them again because they got through the green and are 10 miles ahead while you sit at the red.
Speeders get away with breaking the law quite often over the short term, but not over the long term. I do my part as often as possible to ensure that some of them get caught.

Old 11-14-2013, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyDavis View Post
Speeders get away with breaking the law quite often over the short term, but not over the long term. I do my part as often as possible to ensure that some of them get caught.

Stop trying to be the speed police, move over... if youre going to do 5 over... You're being a troll and going to get people killed because of the aforementioned idiots who are on quests to ****ing kill everybody.

Ignorant doesn't fix ignorant. Speed doesn't kill (not saying driving 120 when its BUSY is right either and I call those bastards in). It's the sudden deceleration from situations created by you guys who are too busy caring about everyone else.

Last edited by SeaBright; 11-14-2013 at 10:39 PM..

Old 11-14-2013, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielWayne View Post
I agree! This is great. I also don't get tailgating especially when, like you said, there is nowhere to go. The pretend clap is hilarious. Often times when I am tailgated, I lose the person at the nearest McDonalds or Wal-Mart as they peel away from me and whip into the parking lot at break neck speed. I suppose endangering everyone in traffic was crucial so that they could get to their big mac 30 seconds earlier. They should crack down on tailgaters, too.

As long as you remember the flip-side of that coin. When someone is behind you or me (even if we think we're as fast as them or not or if they are doing the speed limit or not) we should move over. Especially is it's moderate to light/no traffic. And pull-outs aren't fictional!

Old 11-15-2013, 07:01 AM

366 posts, read 798,622 times
Move over and quit being passive aggressive with the ignorant attitude of I'll stay in the left lane because I'm choosing to be an a$$ and I'm mad at the world anyway. It's dangerous and you never know if the person behind you is in an emergency. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Old 11-15-2013, 07:17 AM

5,819 posts, read 7,259,504 times
Quote:
How?

Old 11-15-2013, 07:22 AM

366 posts, read 798,622 times
Quote:
Could not be any more passive aggressive. Let me guess, you slowly speed up as they try to pass you. Sounds like you have some deeper issues besides speeders.

Old 11-15-2013, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nervouslaughter View Post
Could not be any more passive aggressive. Let me guess, you slowly speed up as they try to pass you. Sounds like you have some deeper issues besides speeders.
Brilliant. You know everything.

Old 11-15-2013, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Move over and quit being passive aggressive with the ignorant attitude of I'll stay in the left lane because I'm choosing to be an a$$ and I'm mad at the world anyway. It's dangerous and you never know if the person behind you is in an emergency. Two wrongs don't make a right.
Slow down and quit being passive aggressive with the ignorant attitude of I'll speed because I want to do so and I'm mad at the world anyway.

Old 11-15-2013, 09:14 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,167,259 times
Quote:
Quote:
+1 What government agency empowered her to "do her part" to slow down traffic/speeders?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston