Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2013, 02:41 PM

1 posts, read 1,394 times

Advertisements

My husband has been informed that his job is relocating to Houston. We have a son who is autistic who started kindergarden this year and a daughter that is currently in 4th grade and both would not start in Houston until next school year. We are looking to move in the northwest area as my husband's office is located in that area but will move to a different area if need be. Which schools have a great reputation for working with parents with children of special needs as well as good curriculum for typical children? We have been very fortunate at this point as the current school district we are in has been amazing and the bar has been very high with both of my children. My son currently is in an Alternative Curriculum Program but also has inclusion time with his typical peers in the kindergarten class. Any help is greatly appreciated!! I was really excited about the move until I read a few online articles about Houston and SPED... I'm hoping the issues I read about are the exception and not the rule.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2013, 06:45 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,390,617 times
Every school district has had issues with Spec Ed. students, even really great districts. It's better to look at specific campuses within each district. Spring Branch ISD has the best reputation for Spec Ed, but that is more centrally located.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: