Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 11:43 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,370,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherguy View Post
Having read through this thread, it's too bad that this can't be discussed without some of the posters injecting racism.
I'm thinking it's too bad that it can't be discussed without the predictable suburb bashing.

Last edited by colcat; 11-13-2013 at 12:29 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2013, 04:54 AM

1,179 posts, read 1,915,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcatheart View Post
It's so stupid for the op the point out one area out in the suburbs and make a blanket statement about decline of all suburbs. Well, if that's the case, let's go to all the inner loop ghettos and say look, all inner loop is crap.

And if you know anything about that area, like one poster said already, that area has not been good for a while now.
OP is pretty adamant about his/her view about suburbs in general and is attempting to draw a correlation between one incident and a "growing" trend related to living outside the loop. This thread was not opened to discuss the occurrence, but rather to make broad sweeping generalizations about why areas outside the loop aren't "the perfect white middle/upper middle class areas that they used to be."

It would be equally preposterous of me to say, when a crime is committed ITL, "Oh, looks like ITL isn't as good as Friends made it out to be."

Old 11-13-2013, 05:14 AM

5,976 posts, read 15,270,067 times
Default Haven't you heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRdad View Post
Woah guys save some for Alief
Alief is making a comeback... the next hot spot like EADO.

Old 11-13-2013, 06:43 AM

1,473 posts, read 2,150,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 979Texan View Post
I thought it was awful out of character for Quannell X to show up after the thugs had been caught. Now that there may be more gang bangers out there to catch, he will offer his services to the families and bring these young men in for no other purpose than to collect the reward.

It is a shame people lost their lives, but this is not the first black party to be advertised via social media where people get killed.
yeah one of those thugs turned out to be innocent and many came forth to credit him as a hero for trying to help get people out and for taking people to the ER.

which means if X had not help this(young man) he would be in jail for a crime he did not comment
But it 979 Texan so

Old 11-13-2013, 07:14 AM

693 posts, read 1,107,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth713 View Post
yeah one of those thugs turned out to be innocent and many came forth to credit him as a hero for trying to help get people out and for taking people to the ER.

which means if X had not help this(young man) he would be in jail for a crime he did not comment
But it 979 Texan so
Right! HCSO is admittedly bungling this case. Makes you wonder what else is going wrong within that organization. There are supposedly more shooters being sought after, but HCSO is not instilling faith in me that they are competent enough to find any addtional perps.

The fact remains these kids were idiots who partied with gangsters, family member had to gun check the guests and this was advertised on social media beforehand. Recipe for disaster just like the "Party X" inspired event last year that ended in death.

Yahoo!

Old 11-13-2013, 08:22 AM

1,728 posts, read 3,550,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
Alief is making a comeback... the next hot spot like EADO.
Come on. Give us some o that 'crime happens everywhere stuff'

Old 11-13-2013, 08:28 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth713 View Post

But it 979 Texan so
It certainly appears as though the young man realized was doing the right thing, but do you really believe his release was strictly due to the efforts of Q to the 10? If so, I'd like to know how. Did he provide some video footage from his secret spy cam?

My guess is that there were a lot of conflicting reports due to the number of people and confusion. You can view it as right or wrong, but the police probably figured it was safer to arrest him and then determine all the facts than to not arrest him and something else were to happen.

Since the cops didn't essentially arrest every male at the party, something directed them to the two that were arrested. Once they were in custody, people probably came forward and gave more information that cleared this man. Q to the 10 may have sped up the process, but I'd bet money he would have been released pretty quick.

Just my opinion.

Old 11-13-2013, 08:41 AM

5,614 posts, read 4,939,687 times
I wonder if home owners of more expensive homes won't use this as justification for opposing the development of nearby subdivisions with sub-$150K homes, especially in the same school zone. I've heard stories that such homeowners even claim that local government should somehow prevent entry-level subdivisions, because it's "unfair to us." Just like they oppose apartments.

Old 11-13-2013, 09:41 AM

1,232 posts, read 1,902,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalPlanner View Post
I wonder if home owners of more expensive homes won't use this as justification for opposing the development of nearby subdivisions with sub-$150K homes, especially in the same school zone. I've heard stories that such homeowners even claim that local government should somehow prevent entry-level subdivisions, because it's "unfair to us." Just like they oppose apartments.
"Isolate or integrate" the different income levels is often debated. Comes down to what the high income residents feel is best for their famililes vs what seems to be best for the broader community/society. Section 8 vouchers, vs public housing, is an attempt to counter isolation at the low end.

Old 11-13-2013, 09:59 AM

1,473 posts, read 2,150,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
It certainly appears as though the young man realized was doing the right thing, but do you really believe his release was strictly due to the efforts of Q to the 10? If so, I'd like to know how. Did he provide some video footage from his secret spy cam?

My guess is that there were a lot of conflicting reports due to the number of people and confusion. You can view it as right or wrong, but the police probably figured it was safer to arrest him and then determine all the facts than to not arrest him and something else were to happen.

Since the cops didn't essentially arrest every male at the party, uthsomething directed them to the two that were arrested. Once they were in custody, people probably came forward and gave more information that c sleared this man. Q to the 10 may have sped up the process, but I'd bet money he would have been released pretty quick.

Just my opinion.
It came about from him talking to a community that has little faith or truth in cops..it came about by him convincing people who otherwise didnt want to get
Involed that that young man bravery should not be rewarded with silence..he went into the community and found pepple willing to do the right thing..even if it
means crossing gangs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston