Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2013, 11:29 AM

10 posts, read 19,166 times

Advertisements

I wonder what are peak months for weddings in Houston? I assume that July-August might be slow months for wedding industry due to the heat? what about winter months?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2013, 11:40 AM

914 posts, read 1,831,815 times
April and October have the nicest weather and therefore lots of weddings.

Old 11-15-2013, 01:02 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoBee View Post
I assume that July-August might be slow months for wedding industry due to the heat?
Since our ceremony and reception were both indoor, the Houston heat never factored into our date. We were married in July. Our problem was the massive thunderstorm that came through and flooded parts of downtown (reception was at the Magnolia Ballroom) and shut down IAH cause our honeymoon departure to be quite crazy.

I would be leery of late August through late October due to the possibility of a tropical storm or hurricane.

Old 11-15-2013, 02:34 PM

551 posts, read 1,573,626 times
June if still the most popular month for weddings. I don't think it matters where you live.
BTW- November is the slowest month for weddings.
If you ask me, they have it backwards!

Old 11-15-2013, 04:20 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,989,217 times
Weddings during Nov-Dec is kind of stupid. People make plans for the holidays and are budgeting for Christmas and here's some bride wanting you to drop hundreds to be in a one time only dress, all these wedding showers and the gifts.

Nov-Dec should be elope months. Just you and your SO and a few small people. The whole $30k+ wedding that close to Christmas is just a tad bit selfish.

One of my friends had a sorority sister have her wedding the week before Christmas in NYC and got pissed when a lot of her sisters said they wanted to come but couldn't. Holiday tickets are expensive, and it's in NYC and you want a gift too? B**** please. Have your wedidng but don't be mad at others who want to be with their families and can't afford it.

Old 11-16-2013, 07:19 PM
NTT

723 posts, read 1,832,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asonnier View Post
June if still the most popular month for weddings. I don't think it matters where you live.
BTW- November is the slowest month for weddings.
If you ask me, they have it backwards!
I agree! My sister has a bakery and June - August are still her busiest months with wedding cake orders.

Old 11-17-2013, 11:48 AM

860 posts, read 1,584,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaBlue View Post
Weddings during Nov-Dec is kind of stupid. People make plans for the holidays and are budgeting for Christmas and here's some bride wanting you to drop hundreds to be in a one time only dress, all these wedding showers and the gifts.

Nov-Dec should be elope months. Just you and your SO and a few small people. The whole $30k+ wedding that close to Christmas is just a tad bit selfish.

One of my friends had a sorority sister have her wedding the week before Christmas in NYC and got pissed when a lot of her sisters said they wanted to come but couldn't. Holiday tickets are expensive, and it's in NYC and you want a gift too? B**** please. Have your wedidng but don't be mad at others who want to be with their families and can't afford it.
Uh, I don't think the OP was inquiring about a date for HER wedding. She is a professional photographer who is moving here from another state and wants to continue her career in our area.

But everyone appreciates your opinion on holiday season weddings anyway. One can always decline an invitation, you know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: