Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2013, 06:40 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,728,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkosmosis View Post
Strip clubs should be banned for the good of the city. Who the heck goes to them anyway??
They create urban blight.
That's a bit communist, don't you think? You're decided what's good for people instead of people doing it themselves.

That's why I like the way Dallas has its smut better. Dallas has a red light district, whereas is in Houston it's a little bit here, a little there, etc. Everyone in DFW knows that Northwest Dallas has a strip club every few blocks, message parlors everywhere, and street walking prostitutes are plenty. If you want to not have to live around it, it's as simple as not living in Northwest Dallas. If you don't want to be around it, just don't go there. Houston's lack of zoning makes it harder for something like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2013, 07:56 AM

498 posts, read 837,313 times
Quote:
Strip clubs should be banned for the good of the city. Who the heck goes to them anyway??
I agree. That slummy area around Treasures and the Men's Club is downright depressing and disgusting. What are they calling that area these days anyway? Oh yeah.. the Galleria.

I will same shame on any of you who actually want to go to a butt-naked. That's just gross. And the biggest irony is that I bet the clubs that are most likely to be guilty of sex-trafficking (Hispanic clubs on the east end and Asian massage parlors all over the city) have nothing to do with this deal. This is basically extortion of a business by the government.

Old 11-29-2013, 08:26 AM

6,287 posts, read 7,492,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
Wait, you couldn't get lap dances in Houston previously?
Quote:
Man, I've been taking the strip clubs in Dallas for granted. I'm guaranteed grinding action when I purchase a lap dance here. Next time I'm going to hug a stripper and say thank you!!!
Are you trying to tell us that all those times you say you spent in Houston over the years you didn't know of this rule ? Not once in all that time did you go to a strip club in town and attempt to "purchase" a lap dance? I find that hard to believe, FESS UP !

Old 11-29-2013, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
Are you trying to tell us that all those times you say you spent in Houston over the years you didn't know of this rule ? Not once in all that time did you go to a strip club in town and attempt to "purchase" a lap dance? I find that hard to believe, FESS UP !
I didnt because Ive never been to a strip club in Houston. When Im down there, Im either working or visiting my dad. I dont even frequent them here, I go every 4-6 months with friends. When I do go, I only go to the fully nude ones tho.

Old 11-29-2013, 08:44 AM

Quote:
I wonder how many conventions, meetings, and seminars would decide not to come to Houston if there were no strip clubs in town. I do know that nobody decides "not" to come to town because there "are" strip clubs here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
I have just spent the last few months in Irving Texas, and I was surprised at how many rules they have there. I will give you an example. Just last week I set her garbage out around 4 in the afternoon so it could be picked up the next morning. I had to go run an errand, when I got back about an hour later there was a warning ticket on her door telling us not to take trash out until after 6 PM.

Don't even get me started about our trip to the city landfill...LOL
That 6pm rule may be the HOA you lived in. My HOA has a similar rule only it is 5pm and is rarely enforced.

Obviously there has to be some regulation of strip clubs in any town. These regulations seem palatable at least to the clubs management. Houston has spent the last 16 years in an extremely adversarial relationship with the clubs in Houston. Every large city has these clubs and Houston was once known for the quality of clubs in town, now perhaps those clubs can re-establish that reputation.

Old 11-29-2013, 09:37 AM

Quote:
I didnt because Ive never been to a strip club in Houston. When Im down there, Im either working or visiting my dad. I dont even frequent them here, I go every 4-6 months with friends. When I do go, I only go to the fully nude ones tho.
Those fully nude clubs allow lap dancing ? I went to one out on Telephone rd. eons ago but it was strictly no touch in any way. Man I missed out

Old 11-29-2013, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
Those fully nude clubs allow lap dancing ? I went to one out on Telephone rd. eons ago but it was strictly no touch in any way. Man I missed out
The ones in Dallas do. I dont know about Houston.

The ones Ive been in Dallas allow pretty much anything. Ive had strippers tell me touching is ok except for the thing between the legs (boobs and a$$ touching is fine). That varies by stripper. Of course there is ample grinding available. There hasnt been any specific rules surrounding it up here and I was surprised to learn there was one down there. Again, I have never been to one in Houston.

Old 11-29-2013, 11:33 AM

4,131 posts, read 7,440,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmj View Post
I agree. That slummy area around Treasures and the Men's Club is downright depressing and disgusting. What are they calling that area these days anyway? Oh yeah.. the Galleria.

I will same shame on any of you who actually want to go to a butt-naked. That's just gross. And the biggest irony is that I bet the clubs that are most likely to be guilty of sex-trafficking (Hispanic clubs on the east end and Asian massage parlors all over the city) have nothing to do with this deal. This is basically extortion of a business by the government.
The galleria does have a seediness to it. Have you been to the clubs there?

And then there's this:
http://www.chron.com/news/houston-te...ub-3564374.php
"Treasures is an epicenter of illegal activity," Harris County Attorney Vince Ryan, who filed on behalf of the state of Texas, said on Wednesday. "This is to close down one very big operation that impacts the community around it."
The filing alleges that 5647 Westheimer is the location of human trafficking, habitual prostitution and drug activity where owners, management and employees engage in "gang related organized criminal activities that constitute a public nuisance." The petition lists 40 offenses, mostly prostitution, documented at the club over the last four years. How many of those cases resulted in charges or convictions is unclear.

Old 11-29-2013, 11:50 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,911,890 times
Have to get things ramped up again for the Super Bowl...afterwards I expect some silly regulation to be passed to prohibit this stuff again.

Don't be naïve and think that this sort of entertainment goes unnoticed by conventioneers and business travelers. That's why many upscale SOBs are near the hotel districts.

Old 11-29-2013, 04:59 PM

8,895 posts, read 19,990,094 times
Yes, lets not go back to the 1980's when Houston was known for its strip clubs over pretty much anything else. I think those days are gone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston