Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-10-2013, 03:22 PM
 
Location: Katy, Texas
498 posts, read 837,705 times
Reputation: 648

Advertisements

Here they are: Zip Code - Community - Annual Median Income - College Graduation Rate - "Super Zip Rank":
  1. 77094 - Green Trails - $155k - 75% - 99
  2. 77005 - West U/Rice - $147k - 83% - 99
  3. 77401 - Bellaire - $136k - 77% - 99
  4. 77059 - Clear Lake - $131.4k - 69% - 98
  5. 77382 - Woodlands - $126.5k - 66% - 97
  6. 77024 - The Villages - $106k - 69% - 97
  7. 77345 - Kingwood - $123.6k - 57% - 95
  8. 77494 - South Katy - $120.1k - 62% - 96
  9. 77381 - Woodlands - $107k - 59% - 95
  10. 77479 - Sugar Land - $121.1k - 59% - 96
There are an additional 13 neighborhoods in the top 10%: (River Oaks, Tanglewood, Afton Oaks, 6th Ward, Medical Center, Montrose, West Memorial, Cinco Ranch, Fulshear, Missouri City, Sugar Lakes, Pearland, and Champions.) Plus an additional 17 in the top 20%.

Source: Washington: A world apart | The Washington Post


On a personal note, I find it interesting that the highest rated neighborhood is one whose high school has been the subject of debate in other threads (Taylor in Katy).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-10-2013, 03:31 PM
 
7,542 posts, read 11,574,791 times
Reputation: 4078
Bellaire and West U should not even be on that list like most homes in Bellaire and West U are like $600k+ I would not call it a medium area

Now Meyerland Willow Meadows could be considered a medium area
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2013, 05:05 PM
 
Location: Breckenridge
2,367 posts, read 4,696,041 times
Reputation: 1650
West U and Bellaire should be on there. Just ten years ago houses were in the 300K range. River Oaks and Tanglewood are not middle class though. Then again I think times have changed. The really is not much of a middle class left. It has been wiped out. Most of the middle class is not in poverty. The gap between the rich and poor was so rapidly widened. I don't even consider being a millionaire even a big deal anymore. Our country is changing at a fast pace. Hope everyone can keep up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2013, 05:34 PM
 
7,542 posts, read 11,574,791 times
Reputation: 4078
No they should not any area that has more that a few 1million+ homes is not is rich area
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2013, 08:14 PM
 
Location: Breckenridge
2,367 posts, read 4,696,041 times
Reputation: 1650
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
No they should not any area that has more that a few 1million+ homes is not is rich area
That would eliminate every area on that list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2013, 08:44 PM
 
1,728 posts, read 3,550,583 times
Reputation: 1056
Is that where the lemming suckers concentrated?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2013, 09:46 PM
 
Location: Beautiful Northwest Houston
6,292 posts, read 7,500,301 times
Reputation: 5061
Are you guys missing something, or am I ? I think that the OP is listing "super" zip codes meaning the zip codes with the highest incomes and highest percentage of residence with college degrees. Its not about middle class neighborhoods......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-11-2013, 05:59 AM
 
675 posts, read 1,453,548 times
Reputation: 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmj View Post
Here they are: Zip Code - Community - Annual Median Income - College Graduation Rate - "Super Zip Rank":
  1. 77094 - Green Trails - $155k - 75% - 99
  2. 77005 - West U/Rice - $147k - 83% - 99
  3. 77401 - Bellaire - $136k - 77% - 99
  4. 77059 - Clear Lake - $131.4k - 69% - 98
  5. 77382 - Woodlands - $126.5k - 66% - 97
  6. 77024 - The Villages - $106k - 69% - 97
  7. 77345 - Kingwood - $123.6k - 57% - 95
  8. 77494 - South Katy - $120.1k - 62% - 96
  9. 77381 - Woodlands - $107k - 59% - 95
  10. 77479 - Sugar Land - $121.1k - 59% - 96
There are an additional 13 neighborhoods in the top 10%: (River Oaks, Tanglewood, Afton Oaks, 6th Ward, Medical Center, Montrose, West Memorial, Cinco Ranch, Fulshear, Missouri City, Sugar Lakes, Pearland, and Champions.) Plus an additional 17 in the top 20%.

Source: Washington: A world apart | The Washington Post


On a personal note, I find it interesting that the highest rated neighborhood is one whose high school has been the subject of debate in other threads (Taylor in Katy).
Actually...Taylor High school is in the "77450" zip code. Cinco Ranch, Seven Lakes, and Tompkins are in the "77494" zip code.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-11-2013, 06:48 AM
 
Location: Katy, TX
705 posts, read 1,260,162 times
Reputation: 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip808 View Post
Actually...Taylor High school is in the "77450" zip code. Cinco Ranch, Seven Lakes, and Tompkins are in the "77494" zip code.
Katy High is in the 77494 zip code too. Not the whole zone area is, but part of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-11-2013, 08:42 AM
 
264 posts, read 441,996 times
Reputation: 232
I think I would attribute the 77094 more to Windsor Park Lakes than I would Green Trails.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top