Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2014, 08:08 PM

34 posts, read 105,328 times

Advertisements

I've been in Houston for 4 months now. So far i like it. Hopefully the summer won't be so hot that i end up hating the city. I'm liking my new place. I've already been on a date This is the perfect city for a single female. I love the diversity. But i don't like the horrible traffic( almost the same as driving through New Jersey and New York during rush hour). I live in the perfect location, close to everything, restaurant, shops, mall etc. So far I'm loving my visit to Citycentre over the Galleria. The Galleria is way too congested with heavy traffic. I am looking forward to exploring all those high end restaurants in the Galleria area. I'm really happy medical school is cheap in Texas, just in case i decide to apply to all in-state schools only. That's my update. So far I'm happy i changed my mind from Dallas to Houston.

Now on to my inquiry. I love sushi. I can't seem to find a good sushi place that makes GREAT sushi. I'm looking for something similar to this restaurant Welcome to Nori Nori | Nori Nori :: JAPANESE SUSHI & SEAFOOD BUFFET

Any recommendations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2014, 08:15 PM

189 posts, read 584,655 times
I like Kirin II: Kirin-2
and Tokyo One: Tokyo One: Sushi, Seafood, and Grill Buffet - at Tokyo One, if you eat dinner, they will give one lobster for each diner whom pays adult price - kids not applied.

Old 01-06-2014, 08:52 PM

705 posts, read 1,259,876 times
Tokyo One is my guilty pleasure. More for the seafood than sushi though. Sushi is okay, not bad, just okay. Normally great sushi and buffets don't go together.

I'm not a sushi snob, but I enjoy Aka, Azuma, Uchi, Miyakos, Oishii, Soma. Great happy hours too but are not buffets.

Old 01-06-2014, 09:34 PM

785 posts, read 1,234,534 times
Not too sure about buffets, but check out Kaneyama, Sasaki, Miyako, or Teppay. They're all on Westheimer near the Galleria area.

Old 01-06-2014, 10:47 PM

13 posts, read 20,155 times
kpop in marq-e center at i10/610.

Old 01-07-2014, 07:07 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
Generally speaking, if it includes the word buffet, I'm going to pass.

It's not that I'm a snob, I've just found that when it's a buffet, the quality drops (as a general rule, not absolute).

Most restaurants provide me with plenty of food, so I don't need to stuff myself on a buffet. And as far as variety goes, most restaurants will also provide a variety in the form of a la carte ordering.

Old 01-09-2014, 01:22 PM

29 posts, read 90,275 times
Oh, I am glad I stumbled across this thread! I love Sushi and I am headed that way to live shortly. If anyone is so inclined can you list some places that will be close to Spring/Houston line as well? Thanks in advance!

Old 01-09-2014, 02:55 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,919,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Generally speaking, if it includes the word buffet, I'm going to pass.

It's not that I'm a snob, I've just found that when it's a buffet, the quality drops (as a general rule, not absolute).

Most restaurants provide me with plenty of food, so I don't need to stuff myself on a buffet. And as far as variety goes, most restaurants will also provide a variety in the form of a la carte ordering.

I agree. If it says buffet I will only go if I'm with fat people as I expect more volume than quality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston