Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 02:53 PM

12 posts, read 32,950 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I want to move to Houston, I heard that it's a good place to live and start a business in healthcare. Are the people are friendly? Is the cost of living is expensive? Is the economy improving there? Will I be able to get a job? I'm in the medical field, but I have other skills for a backup plan. I'm a single woman without no children. Can someone please be honest and tell me if the men are good,nice, respectful and honest? And if they are suitable for dating or marriage? I plan on getting marry in the near future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2014, 03:32 PM

8,895 posts, read 19,997,888 times
Really? Men are men universally so it's up to you to find a good one using your judgement. Bad boys are everywhere and some women are drawn to them but they may not be husband material. Good guys, they are everywhere too. You have to use some good judgement in your choices.

Old 01-19-2014, 06:52 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,197,318 times
I won't address the men - because texas7 pretty much covered it. You are in the medical field and Houston has the largest medical center/system in the world. Our cost of living - still considered cheap for a big city - is rising because housing is rising, due to demand. Our economy didn't need improving - it was one of the few places in the nation not really affected by the recession - and it is booming. Medical will do it as to your skill set. What type of business are you going to start in healthcare? That might make a big difference.

Old 01-20-2014, 06:12 AM

264 posts, read 441,924 times
"start a business in healthcare". Could you be more specific? The Houston market is actually very oversaturated in certain healthcare businesses.

Old 01-20-2014, 03:48 PM

Thank you! all for your thoughts about Houston,Texas. The answer to your questions about what type of business I want to pursue is personal group homes for elderly that have dementia and other diseases. The answer for "Texas7" I'm not drawn to bad men. I was married for 13 years and I lost my husband some years ago through death do us part.. He was a true gentleman and he respect me completely. He was a very good man with a goodheart. Since, I lost my husband had not remarried because most men are just not honest these days. I was in another 5 year relationship whereas he spoiled me and treated me like a Queen. But still he wanted to have his way and do wrong things like cheating. I know they have alot of bad men out here,and that is why I'm still single. I'm a educated person that will never settle for less, I deserve the best. And I definitely know how to use my own judgement about men. I ran across alot of bad ones through the years and I refused to have a conversation with them. I felt a bad vibe when they start to talk.

Old 01-20-2014, 05:19 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,197,318 times
You might google that industry in this area and contact the businesses to see if they are hiring. If they are, that means the demand is there. If they are not, you might re-think.

Old 01-21-2014, 10:58 PM

Default No Subject

Why should I do that? I can work at a hospital in Texas, until I do my business plan. Then I would try and get a business account/loan from the bank. I been a certified nursing assistant for along time and I knows the necessary tools to start a business in the healthcare industry. I also have a connection in Houston,Texas, if all fails he is an consultant that help people that are healthcare workers,nurses to start their businesses.

Thank you!

Old 01-22-2014, 01:17 AM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,447,145 times
I would like to chime in and say...first of all do you know what it takes to start a health care business taking care of people with dementia? Do you know what it takes to run a business with the level of education that you have? To run a successful business you should at least be able to correctly cross your t's and dot your i's at the very minimal. You have not demonstrated that in any of your 4 posts.

I am in the healthcare industry and the last thing I want to see is anyone who thinks they know how start up a business and care for people with dementia with zero business experience. From what I have read in your posts you are the last person I would want taking care of my mother, myself, my family or friends who might succumb to dementia.

I suggest you pursue more education and find that man you are looking for before trying to open a business taking care of people with dementia.

Old 01-22-2014, 06:40 AM

4,900 posts, read 13,735,217 times
I am familiar with the personal care home business. There are over 500 licensed care homes in the Houston Metro area. The upfront cost to convert an existing family home to meet DADS licensing is around $100,000. SBA will not back loans for personal care home businesses so you need to have the capital or an investor willing to put it up.

Old 01-22-2014, 06:52 AM

8,895 posts, read 19,997,888 times
I wasn't being nosey or questioning the men you are drawn too. Basically you asked a question about houston men that can't truly be answered. Men are men, and the city has them all - good, bad and in-between and only you can discern which is which for you. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: