Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 02:51 PM

2,188 posts, read 3,214,982 times

Advertisements

which school are you at as Aliana is zoned to 3 of them for elementary
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2014, 03:04 PM

77 posts, read 282,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPekerman View Post
I currently live in Aliana and love it. It's very quiet and peaceful. The neighborhood its growing at a fast pace. All of the mentioned communities are in the TOP 20 fastest selling communities in the US for the past year.
Most people have issues with the schools zoned to both Sienna and Riverstone. Some of those schools have declined in academic performances the past years. As far as Aliana, schools are very good, and yes, we were supposed to get a brand new Elementary right in the center of the communities but FBISD and their politics are making it hard for everyone.

I agree with JPekerman. I've lived in Aliana over 2 years now. Great place.

Old 01-24-2014, 03:36 PM

152 posts, read 457,894 times
I can't really comment on the schools since my little one is just in preschool, but I really do like living in Aliana. I also enjoy the fact that it is located somewhat centrally so that we can easily enjoy shopping and dining in Sugar Land, Richmond, or South Katy. There are a lot of kids in the neighborhood, and it is rapidly growing.

Old 01-24-2014, 03:47 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,661,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn96 View Post
I can't really comment on the schools since my little one is just in preschool, but I really do like living in Aliana. I also enjoy the fact that it is located somewhat centrally so that we can easily enjoy shopping and dining in Sugar Land, Richmond, or South Katy. There are a lot of kids in the neighborhood, and it is rapidly growing.
We used to live very close to Aliana. Yes, it is in the middle of SL and South Katy, and that was the main thing we didn't like about the area. You are sort of close to a bunch of stuff, but not really close to anything. To shop at the HEB on Fry or the Target on Westheimer in Katy was sort of a pain. Those are just a few examples. We lived in that area for 8 years and saw it improve in terms of proximity to amenities (ie: Bella Terra), but still. Anyway, we moved to Sugar Land last year, and we like it over here so much better.

That is just my opinion. Your mileage may vary.

Old 01-24-2014, 05:36 PM

don't worry...it'll catch up soon..lol

Old 01-24-2014, 05:39 PM

152 posts, read 457,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swopoe View Post
We used to live very close to Aliana. Yes, it is in the middle of SL and South Katy, and that was the main thing we didn't like about the area. You are sort of close to a bunch of stuff, but not really close to anything. To shop at the HEB on Fry or the Target on Westheimer in Katy was sort of a pain. Those are just a few examples. We lived in that area for 8 years and saw it improve in terms of proximity to amenities (ie: Bella Terra), but still. Anyway, we moved to Sugar Land last year, and we like it over here so much better.

That is just my opinion. Your mileage may vary.
We felt that way at the beginning, but we just had to get used to the idea of driving just a few minutes more than what we were used to before. One of the downsides to living in a developing area is the (sometimes excruciatingly) long wait before lots of retail comes in. We are prepared that it may be a few years before we get shops or restaurants just 5 minutes away, but I think the continuing development along 99 may bring some things even sooner.

The Kroger marketplace is super convenient and is only 7-8 minutes getting there. Everything else I can get to in about 20 minutes or less.

But certainly, if having a lot of shopping less than 10 minutes away important to you right now, Aliana may not fit the bill today. Maybe in a few years.

Old 01-24-2014, 07:09 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,661,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn96 View Post
We felt that way at the beginning, but we just had to get used to the idea of driving just a few minutes more than what we were used to before. One of the downsides to living in a developing area is the (sometimes excruciatingly) long wait before lots of retail comes in. We are prepared that it may be a few years before we get shops or restaurants just 5 minutes away, but I think the continuing development along 99 may bring some things even sooner.

The Kroger marketplace is super convenient and is only 7-8 minutes getting there. Everything else I can get to in about 20 minutes or less.

But certainly, if having a lot of shopping less than 10 minutes away important to you right now, Aliana may not fit the bill today. Maybe in a few years.
Agreed. We had been in that area as I said for 8 years, and while things had improved, we were tired of waiting. Maybe that HEB will be built at Harlem and 99 soon! (We had been hearing about it for years and years.)

Old 01-24-2014, 09:20 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,122,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbcu View Post
takes too long to get in and out of Sienna.....if I want a burger that's a long drive..lol
Hah! It's better for your cholesterol levels, though.

Old 01-24-2014, 10:10 PM

739 posts, read 2,135,074 times
Have you looked at Royal Lakes Estates. We are right down the road from Greatwood.

Old 01-25-2014, 01:17 AM

The lack of street lights on 1464 is what needs to be addressed...its dark out there but I saw while passing one day they started to develop the other side of Brannock but you look at the map and it just says future development
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston