Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2007, 12:40 PM

2 posts, read 6,636 times

Advertisements

I am relocating my family to Kingwood (at least that is my first choice - 01/08) and curious about areas in Kingwood to consider or to avoid. I am looking at a house that is close to Brook Shadow Drive and Gladehill Drive. If anyone has any thoughts on this area please let me know. Are there new build areas still available? Builders to consider?

I will be working downtown Houston and if anyone has other suburbs that they believe would be good please do not hesitate to let me know...I have 3 kids so safety and great schools are the priority. I have considered Katy and The Woodlands as well. Living close to IAH is not a must, but is definitely something I would like to do.

Thanks for your help...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2007, 02:08 PM

4,900 posts, read 13,741,755 times
//www.city-data.com/forum/houst...-kingwood.html

Old 12-02-2007, 04:27 PM

1,148 posts, read 3,558,718 times
I love Kingwood and I think it's an excellent choice. Unfortunately, I can't give you specifics on neighborhoods because although I drive around Kingwood often, I can't remember the names. I think BearBranch who posts on here is a Kingwood expert, hopefully she can tell you where to look. Also, it might be helpful to know what price range you are looking in.

I wanted to add Fall Creek and Summerwood to the areas you are checking out. They are a little closer to downtown (mostly Fall Creek is closer), but both are great neighborhoods. Fall Creek - New Homes Houston http://www.summerwoodonline.com/

Good luck in your home search. ~K~

Old 12-02-2007, 06:41 PM

2 posts, read 6,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandy View Post
I love Kingwood and I think it's an excellent choice. Unfortunately, I can't give you specifics on neighborhoods because although I drive around Kingwood often, I can't remember the names. I think BearBranch who posts on here is a Kingwood expert, hopefully she can tell you where to look. Also, it might be helpful to know what price range you are looking in.

I wanted to add Fall Creek and Summerwood to the areas you are checking out. They are a little closer to downtown (mostly Fall Creek is closer), but both are great neighborhoods. Fall Creek - New Homes Houston http://www.summerwoodonline.com/

Good luck in your home search. ~K~

Thanks for the information on Fall Creek...I would like to be closer to downtown. I am looking in the $225-$300 range, however would like to stay closer to $250-$260 range. How does Texas rate their schools and is there a web site that lists this information?

Old 12-02-2007, 07:46 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,672,071 times
While I live full time in Las Vegas, we also have a place about 40 minutes north of Kingwood. I love Kingwood. We can find anything from our Friday night out to dinner to any kind of shopping and more......all without ever having to go into the big city.

We drove through all the Kingwood neighborhoods and love it. However some locals say the water bills are higher then anywhere else. Some complained about the Electric too. Cant be any higher then im paying up here.

Would anyone care to comment about the utility bills in the specific area of Kingwood?

And having that Greenbelt, is that what it is called, to walk and bike is awesome !!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston