Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 08:00 AM

10 posts, read 33,558 times

Advertisements

I recently purchased a home in this community (Fresno, TX). I've been lurking on this forum do some time now and had a few questions I hope you all could answer:

1. How long does it take to get permits for new construction (in this area)?
2. On average, how long does it really take Perry to build? Does this include the time it takes to get the permits?
3. Anyone know/have thoughts on this neighborhood?
4. Will the expansion if Sienna Plantation (Sienna South) positively affect Creekmont?
5. What are the reasons ft bend isd allows a student to attend a school outside his/her zones school?

Sorry it's a lot but I'm very new to this process. Thanks in advance for the answers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2014, 08:03 AM

2,165 posts, read 3,776,879 times
Permits are running behind all over the city due to all the homes being built. Usually takes 15-30 days and is now running 45-60 days.

Usually it will take 3-4 months to build a house but most builders are quoting 6-7 months, some even longer.

We looked in that area, crime was too high for my liking.

May have an impact on property values and may bring some shopping but overall that could take some time.

Not sure on the school thing, might call Ft. Bend ISD and inquire.

Old 01-30-2014, 08:29 AM

1,237 posts, read 2,021,489 times
Prices are much too high for that location and neighborhood. Sienna may be close by but it's a world away in terms of safety and schools and it's expansion won't positively effect Creekmont.

I would not suggest Creekmont whatsoever.

Old 01-30-2014, 04:38 PM

5,429 posts, read 14,850,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Failed Engineer View Post
Prices are much too high for that location and neighborhood. Sienna may be close by but it's a world away in terms of safety and schools and it's expansion won't positively effect Creekmont.

I would not suggest Creekmont whatsoever.
I think they are already there -- but agree, looks like it's right next to Teal Run in Fresno.
Opposite side of Hwy 6 from Sienna.

Old 01-30-2014, 05:23 PM

1,237 posts, read 2,021,489 times
There are Creekmont sections both north and south of Hwy 6. I don't know how much Perry discounts off list in Creekmont, but the list prices are just absolutely crazy for that area, bordering on larceny.

You could find resales in Sienna for that $/sqft.

Old 01-30-2014, 05:58 PM

4,246 posts, read 12,032,076 times
When I was looking I about died when I seen the tax rate. That was enough for me to exclude that area alone.

Old 01-30-2014, 08:20 PM

Thank you all for your thoughts. While the neighborhood opinions you shared were considered in our decision prior to purchasing, we never found any evidence that supported these crime statistics for Creekmont. Teal Run, which is also in Fresno but behind Creekmont and separated by a large drainage ditch, may possibly be the neighborhood leading you to your opinion of high crime rates. For us, creekmont was just a good fit, especially after talking with neighbors and seeing there was only one home in the new section for sale (I guess people want to stay)

Has anyone had any other experiences with Perry Homes, their building timeline, or specifically their Creekmont neighborhood? Thanks in advance.

Old 01-30-2014, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Failed Engineer View Post
There are Creekmont sections both north and south of Hwy 6. I don't know how much Perry discounts off list in Creekmont, but the list prices are just absolutely crazy for that area, bordering on larceny.

You could find resales in Sienna for that $/sqft.
Great discounts . I've never really liked Sienna. Way too large for me.

Old 01-30-2014, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyf View Post
When I was looking I about died when I seen the tax rate. That was enough for me to exclude that area alone.
$3.31? That was one of the lower rates we saw in fort bend county.

Old 01-30-2014, 08:58 PM

4,246 posts, read 12,032,076 times
The ones I seen we new to newish homes around the 4% range.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston