Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2014, 09:48 AM

1 posts, read 1,247 times

Advertisements

Hello all!

Admittedly I am new to this site and want to thank y'all in advance for any information you can provide. I have spent a little time searching through previous threads on this site in regards to Houston Area custom home builders. I want to purchase a lot in the Rice military/heights area and build a couple of townhouses on them. I want them to be roughly 2500 sq ft in size each and want 4 stories.

The threads that I have read on this forum seem to be mostly geared towards building custom homes but not townhouses. My main purpose is to see if there were any recommendations for builders that can build 4 story townhouses in that area for $100 per sq/ft.

Through the previous threads I was reading I did compile a few builders that I thought might be possible, but like I said wasn't sure if they did townhomes. They were...

PIB
Kurk
Tilson

Thanks again!

LFAMH

ps. if I missed a thread that suited this topic please please pm or post the hyperlink.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2014, 10:10 PM

2,367 posts, read 4,694,093 times
Contact Urban Living... they run a deal with lots of builders. I am not sure if any will build for 100/sqft though. The townhouse game tough because there are just so many big builders ripping them out and buying the lots cheaper than you can find one for. There are just tons of builders putting them up. Way more than custom home builders. I have toyed with the idea of putting up townhouses. There are better places you could invest 1.5mil. You could get burned on this deal.

Old 02-05-2014, 02:29 PM

142 posts, read 398,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schumacher713 View Post
Contact Urban Living... they run a deal with lots of builders. I am not sure if any will build for 100/sqft though. The townhouse game tough because there are just so many big builders ripping them out and buying the lots cheaper than you can find one for. There are just tons of builders putting them up. Way more than custom home builders. I have toyed with the idea of putting up townhouses. There are better places you could invest 1.5mil. You could get burned on this deal.
Sorry... but this is the worst idea ever. Urban Living is the most awful company I have ever dealt with in my entire life. Absolutely terrible customer service.

You're much better off working directly with a builder.

Old 02-05-2014, 02:32 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,914,224 times
Urban Living is a marketer of properties. Not necessarily a builder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston