Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 12:20 PM

1,336 posts, read 6,445,043 times

Advertisements

Will the Creekside Village be part of the planned Woodlands incorporation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2008, 04:58 PM

1 posts, read 6,556 times
Smile Reply Creekside

We also looked at Creekside nice area but high taxes and the schools not as
nice as in The Woodlands ,they are 9-10 and they also are very international
we are very pleased.
Also i think the security is much better inside the Woodlands
so we decided not to go for Creekside Park.
God luck

Old 03-06-2008, 05:20 PM

799 posts, read 3,693,190 times
Tomball schools are good schools. I would focus more on the high school then the elementary school, every neighborhood has a different elementary school but they all feed paticular high schools and that is the important part.
Your child can do just as well in Tomball elementary as he would in The Woodlands or he can do just as bad in TW as he would in Tomball.
The Woodlands, Tomball, Cy-fair, Klein, Magnolia are all good school districts.

Old 03-07-2008, 08:20 AM

407 posts, read 1,736,027 times
The new TISD elementary (K-6) in the Woodlands is under way and will open Aug 2009. The 2nd high school to relieve overcrowding at Tomball High is also under way. The land has been purchased and the design phase has started. Creekside Village will not attend the new HS but will benefit from reduced student enrollment at THS.

Old 03-07-2008, 08:25 AM

9,273 posts, read 26,490,620 times
There's "security" in The Woodlands? I though that was a huge beef up there, the lack of it.
I know there is no city police, just county constables. I know there is no private patrol.
At least Creekside would have HPD and Montgomery Constable.

Old 03-07-2008, 11:36 AM

1,461 posts, read 5,596,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by overseasmom View Post
We will be relocating to Houston in a few months and will probably be in The Woodland/Spring area. I've been checking out houses on-line and I'm curious about the new area of The Woodlands called Creekside Park. The houses look great, but the tax rate seems high for Houston (4.1). This is because you pay taxes for Montgomery and the kids go to Tomball schools. I haven't been able to get much information on this school district other than their own site. Can anyone give me any feedback on this area and how the schools are? (we're looking at middle and high schools) There seem to be quite a few houses for sale there and I'm wondering if there are problems we need to be aware of. Does anyone out there live in Creekside? Help!
Any luck on your search.

Old 04-21-2008, 08:18 AM

130 posts, read 455,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof3inreno View Post
I, too am relocating to Houston and have looked in Creekside. I researched the schools on greatschools.net and found that Tomball Elementary (which my child would be attending) is only rated a 3 out of 10!!! All other schools in the Woodlands are 9 or 10's. That is based on test scores. For that reason and because the schools are so far away, I will not buy there. You are paying Woodlands prices and not getting Woodlands quality schools. From what I remember though, the middle schools were rated much higher so for you, that may not be a problem.
The school is not as bad as it sounds. ON a brighter note, next year there will be an elementary school there for residents. It is already being built. What makes a good school is usually the families living there, although the leadership and teachers are also very important. I believe what makes a school in the best category at the end of the day is the family environment where the children are taught to learn. If the family does not support excellence in education, the school cannot reach excellence. Several Tomball schoools are as good in ratings as The Woodlands. They are located closer to Houston and have highly supportive communities. The newness of this village does not give you any history for comparisonns and that will not be available for a few years. The rest of The Woodlands was there at one time and it did not mean that the schools were not par with the "excellence" tier of schools. Take Deretchin Elementary for example and other relatively new schools. Given a couple of years, they were rated at the top. I am predicting you will see the same in Creekside Village.

Old 04-21-2008, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Football View Post
Will the Creekside Village be part of the planned Woodlands incorporation?
Not sure anyone answered this. The answer is YES (except it is not necessarily going to be incorporated). The Woodlands is a special tax district and will operate much like a cityemain unincorporatred for some time (earliest it becomes a city is 2014 and that may not happen, depending on cost and realizable benefits).

Old 07-16-2008, 07:36 PM

29 posts, read 88,297 times
I've heard that Tomball schools are not that bad, but they are not nearby. However, I think you can transfer into the Conroe ISD and go to Woodlands schools. I also heard that the taxes are higher due to the MUD tax which will pay off the bond on the Aquatic center. It will probably drop down to a rate similar to Sterling Ridge's MUD in the next few years, once the bond is paid off. Plus, I was told that you get more homestead exemptions in Harris County/Tomball ISD than Montgomery County/Conroe ISD.

Old 07-17-2008, 07:20 AM

BY the way, taxes in Creekside are for Harris County, not Montgomery County. It is a park of The Woodlands Township, so it will fall under the amenities and services of The Woodlands which must be paid for through taxes like a city and maybe eventually it will even be a municipality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston