Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 09:01 AM

238 posts, read 696,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonamd View Post
It isn't a problem with their phone, their phone number is a long distance number and the gate system doesn't do long distance.
Correct. My only course of action left is to get a *local* number, meaning it has to be a local area code AND a local prefix.

As much as I'd like to chew out the lady at the front office, it won't do any good. And my front yard is a mess and I was planning to rake the leaves this weekend. Maybe I'll just leave it alone and see if someone comes knocking on my door!

I'll also try writing to the people listed on the tax website... hope they still live there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2014, 09:29 AM

399 posts, read 641,817 times
They must have a code for emergency vehichles to enter or 911 box on the gate. Do you see at 911 box? If not they have a code.

Old 02-26-2014, 09:31 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,409,197 times
Have you tried a Google number ? https://google.com/voice They may have a local prefix available. Its free and you just forward to your current cell phone.

Old 02-26-2014, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasroots77 View Post
They must have a code for emergency vehichles to enter or 911 box on the gate. Do you see at 911 box? If not they have a code.
I hadn't thought of that, so I'll check into this. But if I ask, won't she just refuse to give me the code?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
Have you tried a Google number ? https://google.com/voice They may have a local prefix available. Its free and you just forward to your current cell phone.
I tried getting a local prefix, but none were available. Entered my zip code, or "richmond, tx", or even "houston, tx" yielded nothing, I mean it said "no results".

Old 02-26-2014, 09:52 AM

670 posts, read 1,441,831 times
Crest is no longer the management company there, as they dropped Canyon Gates years ago. Apparently the board president was a raging ***** who was never pleased and it wasn't worth their time or effort. Some chick named Lynn I think. My wife used to work at Crest and thankfully got out of there in 2010.

Old 02-26-2014, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texsn95 View Post
Crest is no longer the management company there, as they dropped Canyon Gates years ago. Apparently the board president was a raging ***** who was never pleased and it wasn't worth their time or effort. Some chick named Lynn I think. My wife used to work at Crest and thankfully got out of there in 2010.
Interesting... very interesting, indeed. I saw the name Lynn somewhere on the tax site, but I won't be contacting her, lol

EDIT: On second thought... I'll get in touch with the other names on the board, try to run for a position on the board, and if Lynn is still running things here, I'll find a way to throw her out or at least stand up to her. It's obvious that a raging ***** running things can ruin a community. It's time to bring it back to its glory days and then some.

After all, I live here now, and it's my community... one that my future kids will grow up in, and I don't need some raging ***** to ruin things for us.

Old 02-26-2014, 10:35 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,095,582 times
Have you talked to your neighbors about this? Sorry if this was already addressed.

Old 02-26-2014, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Have you talked to your neighbors about this? Sorry if this was already addressed.
No worries, yes I talked to my next door neighbors but they both said the office lady is awful and couldn't offer much help. Time for me to branch out, though. But I may have to get a landline or a new local number or something.

Old 02-26-2014, 10:50 AM

670 posts, read 1,441,831 times
My wife may still be able to get more current contact info for you, I'll ask and if so will PM you.

Old 02-27-2014, 07:26 AM

I give up. I'm gonna go ahead and get a phone line with AT&T, cheapest possible plan $25/mo bundled with my u-verse. Oh well.

Once I get more information on who is running the board and I get to talk to neighbors and directors, I'll see about making the HOA more transparent and visible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston