Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2008, 04:02 PM

8,895 posts, read 19,995,992 times

Advertisements

Anyone tried the new mammoth restaurant, Cullen's Upscale American Grille on Space Center Blvd in CL?

Old 06-08-2008, 09:25 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,553,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
Anyone tried the new mammoth restaurant, Cullen's Upscale American Grille on Space Center Blvd in CL?
Not me....but it sounds like a place where they charge $17 for a burger and fries though.

Okay, it's been a long time since I'd last driven Westheimer out from 610 to the Highway 6 area. But I made it from Eldridge/Briar Forest down to Westheimer, took it all the way through Post Oak onto 610 and my home here along glitzy, luxurious South Main. 30 minutes on a Saturday night. I'm used to spending at least half that at Westheimer/Post Oak. I only sat through one red light there. But the Metro stops and the 82 line buses were packed.

I think $4/gallon is indeed the breaking point...

Old 06-11-2008, 12:21 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,415,243 times
Vent time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Any one else have a problem with people on their cell phones while driving?????
Stopped at a light on 146 this morning and happen to look in my rear view mirror...I see a woman in a Lexus SUV coming FAST...I stand on my brakes..because I just know she is going to slam into me....
She hits the brakes and no kidding, stops inches from my rear bumper. I turn around and GLARE....when the light changes, I changed lanes...and she pulls up next to me...I've got the top down on the car...so I'm pretty visible...and again...I couldn't help but look at her. She says to me: "Are you ok"? Stupid question, since she didn't actually hit me....I was just ..I said I'm fine...but you really need to pay more attention to your driving...She says... But I had to see who was calling me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What the.......? So slamming into me and my car is worth her looking at her cell phone . I passed her about 5 minutes later and there she was gabbing away on the phone and holding a cigarette in the other hand...so what was she holding the steering wheel with? No ear buds for this woman!
I just think no one, I repeat, no one is all that important, that they have to be on the phone every chance they get, especially while operating a 3000 lb vehicle! The good news is , more and more companies are banning their employees from talking on the phone while driving. My husband can lose his job if ever caught!
Obviously, the fact she almost caused an accident, didn't deter this woman at all from getting right back on the phone. I'm sure the call was VERY important!

Old 06-11-2008, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Any one else have a problem with people on their cell phones while driving?????
I wish it was legal to shoot them.

Old 06-11-2008, 12:37 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,491,966 times
How about the Mom's in carpool line that can't get the phones out of their ears to say hi or bye to their kids.
I call them naughty names.

Old 06-11-2008, 12:50 PM

And people wonder how I feel safe walking around on the streets and using METRO, avoiding all this crap...those Moms would wet their pants at the mere thought of sending their kids to an *inner city* school but she'll endanger their lives every time they get in the SUV.

It'll be talking on the cellphone, probably something not all that important.

Then it's turning around, cellphone in hand, to tell the kids to hold it down back there.

Then turning around again to tell Billy to quit bullying his little sister.

Then she might even start doing her hair or her makeup.

And the phone conversation goes on the whole time.

By the way - just if you missed it - she's still driving through all this.

Old 06-11-2008, 01:04 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,415,243 times
Thankfully, I'm not on the roads during commute time. But my husband is...Seabrook to Downtown everyday. The stories he comes home with! Women putting on make-up...Now...for me, it's hard enough in the bathroom mirror to try and apply mascara, let alone trying to manuever a car too! BUT...it's just not women! He has tales of guys shaving, and brushing their teeth! Add a cell and maybe a quick meal in the car and there's complete chaos! And they call it "multitasking"

Old 06-12-2008, 07:24 AM

9,273 posts, read 26,491,966 times
Anyone else kinda concerned that Houston is being viewed as a Shangrala, and answer to everyone's financial woes. They arrive expecting one thing and then end up a finacial drain on Houston?
Seriously, Houston is only affordable if you live way outside of it or are willing to brave the inner city frontier.

Old 06-12-2008, 03:47 PM

I was thinking the same thing.

As for "braving" the inner city I think I'm less scared of the inner city than I am of being at the mercy of gas prices to get me to work from BFE.

Old 06-12-2008, 04:05 PM

8,376 posts, read 30,697,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
I was thinking the same thing.

As for "braving" the inner city I think I'm less scared of the inner city than I am of being at the mercy of gas prices to get me to work from BFE.

So -- do I scare you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston