Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2008, 12:51 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,399,779 times

Advertisements

Hey who's on Facebook here? We should have our own group! LOL!

Old 11-30-2008, 11:09 PM

6,848 posts, read 11,797,799 times
The November in Your Home State poll is up in the Photography forum for those of you interested in viewing and voting on the awesome autumn pictures submitted.

And, for those photographers in our midst that haven't participated before, keep your eyes peeled on the
Photography forum as there are usually several contests running to submit your photos to and we'd love to have a winner from the Houston area!

Old 12-07-2008, 04:31 PM

52,681 posts, read 47,932,189 times
Default Texans Beat The Pack

Well, Texans fans, we need to unite once again. Great win today at the frozen tundra of Lammmmbeeaaaaaaauuuuu Field. Matt Schaub was just amazing today. Not perfect, mind you, but he did what he needed to do. He may finish this day leading all NFL passers with 414 yards. And Steve Slaton may set a new franchise record for rushing yards in a season.

You know, if these guys can beat the Titans next week at Reliant, and then go on to win two winnable games against the Raiders and Bears, they might meet my prediction of 9-7 after all!

Old 12-07-2008, 11:49 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,545,629 times
This is where that choke against the Colts and then (especially) losing to the Ravens will hurt. If the Texans win next week they should (keyword there) go 9-7. The Colts and/or Ravens could possibly lose their last three games, although the Colts do have Detroit next. The Ravens have the Steelers, Jaguars and Titans left. But if both teams finish 9-7, Baltimore has the head-to-head edge for the wildcard spot. It'd be interesting to see what Schaub and the Texans could do if he can stay healthy for a whole year. Hopefully we'll see it.

As a Pack fan, it's all right. Contending for a Top 10 pick in the draft. Also pulling for the Jets to win the East so they'll go to the playoffs and give the Pack another second-round pick (for Favre) Time to fix the defense and find some guys who can block.

I don't understand all these "Texans stun Packers" kind of headlines. Don't know if they're paying attention, but both teams were 5-7 heading into the game. Yes, it was at Lambeau, but the Pack was only 3-3 at home before this Sunday. (The Texans were the first team this year with a losing record to win on the Tundra). Still, it's not like this was the '96 Pack they beat. All that history and mystique and all that stuff means jack when the team isn't good.

Old 12-08-2008, 06:06 PM

Default Will We Have "One For The Ages"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
This is where that choke against the Colts and then (especially) losing to the Ravens will hurt. If the Texans win next week they should (keyword there) go 9-7. The Colts and/or Ravens could possibly lose their last three games, although the Colts do have Detroit next. The Ravens have the Steelers, Jaguars and Titans left. But if both teams finish 9-7, Baltimore has the head-to-head edge for the wildcard spot. It'd be interesting to see what Schaub and the Texans could do if he can stay healthy for a whole year. Hopefully we'll see it.

As a Pack fan, it's all right. Contending for a Top 10 pick in the draft. Also pulling for the Jets to win the East so they'll go to the playoffs and give the Pack another second-round pick (for Favre) Time to fix the defense and find some guys who can block.

I don't understand all these "Texans stun Packers" kind of headlines. Don't know if they're paying attention, but both teams were 5-7 heading into the game. Yes, it was at Lambeau, but the Pack was only 3-3 at home before this Sunday. (The Texans were the first team this year with a losing record to win on the Tundra). Still, it's not like this was the '96 Pack they beat. All that history and mystique and all that stuff means jack when the team isn't good.
Yeah, I know what you mean about that Colts game at Reliant, jfre. We should have had that in the bag. That should have been the Texans' statement game had Sage not tanked. We might have had a different story now, but there's nothing we can do about it. Still, next week's game at Reliant could be one for the ages if the Texans come ready to play and if, somehow, the Titans get too complacent after clinching the AFC South.

Old 12-14-2008, 02:24 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,545,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Yeah, I know what you mean about that Colts game at Reliant, jfre. We should have had that in the bag. That should have been the Texans' statement game had Sage not tanked. We might have had a different story now, but there's nothing we can do about it. Still, next week's game at Reliant could be one for the ages if the Texans come ready to play and if, somehow, the Titans get too complacent after clinching the AFC South.
Well, the "statement" game was today. Texans 13, Titans 12. Andre Johnson and Steve Slaton were huge in this one. Too bad it's not going to get them any closer to playoff contention.

Why did Jeff Fisher go for it on fourth down? Makes no sense to me.

Old 12-16-2008, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
Well, the "statement" game was today. Texans 13, Titans 12. Andre Johnson and Steve Slaton were huge in this one. Too bad it's not going to get them any closer to playoff contention.

Why did Jeff Fisher go for it on fourth down? Makes no sense to me.
When he did make that decision, we reaaaaalllllly lucked out. And big time, too. Bironas could have nailed a 50-yard field goal, but, alas, it didn't happen this time. Sadly, they are already eliminated from contention. Now, we're just playing for 9-7.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:13 AM

9,273 posts, read 26,486,142 times
I had no clue that our local stations didn't cover suicides. I always thought they were totally tabloid and always did. Maybe it's just murder suicides that they cover.

Old 01-12-2009, 04:15 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,399,779 times
I didn't either! Huh. Odd. I didn't know journalists or editors had any scruples left. Go figure! BTW EA, that guy goes to my church. I found out on Sunday. I couldn't believe it.

Old 01-13-2009, 07:04 AM

9,273 posts, read 26,486,142 times
Yeah, there's going to a nice little ranch for sale soon over by Memorial Elem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston