Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2009, 06:05 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,823,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
Quanell has to get his air time.................. what a shameless publicity hound. I am assuming she called her sister and friend against her will. Guy probably got concerned he'd get caught with her onstar system so probably forced her to call her sis saying she would be late and then call someone else asking about the tracking capability if a person hadn't signed up for the program. The co-worker - that is just bizarre - and makes you wonder ... what on earth was wrong with her ... she was too traumatized to call.........geez.
Your theories about the phone calls make sense to me.

The co-worker thing makes me really angry. If I were a family member of Ms. De Jesus, I would be showing up on that woman's door step demanding to know what she was thinking. Not very tolerant or forgiving of me, I know, but I would be so frustrated knowing that my loved one could have had a fighting chance if the co-worker had just acted like a decent human being and called the police.

Old 03-13-2009, 06:12 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,118,418 times
I want to know why does everyone expect someone to play Captain Save-A-Ho? This is a dog-eat-dog world; it's everyone for him/herself. Don't expect anyone to help you in times of need, which was the case with this lady. Yes, it's sad her co-worker took forever to call police but maybe she didn't like the woman for some reason and this was her way of getting back at her, who knows?

Old 03-13-2009, 10:52 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,410,939 times
Looks like they got the second guy!
Second suspect accused in De Jesus' kidnapping | Front page | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

Old 03-13-2009, 05:06 PM

8,895 posts, read 19,993,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
I want to know why does everyone expect someone to play Captain Save-A-Ho? This is a dog-eat-dog world; it's everyone for him/herself. Don't expect anyone to help you in times of need, which was the case with this lady. Yes, it's sad her co-worker took forever to call police but maybe she didn't like the woman for some reason and this was her way of getting back at her, who knows?
It's not an expectation of playing superhero - it is an expectation of someone to do the right thing. The co-worker wasn't risking any danger to him or herself. It's making a phone call and doing the right thing to help someone else. And anyone who would allow something like this to happen to a co-worker because of something personal - well that person has some serious issues.

Old 03-13-2009, 05:07 PM

8,895 posts, read 19,993,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
Heard that the second suspect is a native of N.O. - co-worker found this today

http://www.myspace.com/NEWORLEANSMAN23

Last edited by texas7; 03-13-2009 at 05:31 PM..

Old 03-17-2009, 02:05 PM

50 posts, read 120,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by penndmd02 View Post
I am thinking about moving either to Houston or Phoenix. I would like to know which city is better for a growing familiy, jobs, weather, housing market and etc. Any advices would be greatly appreciated
I would definatley come to Houston since Phoenix is now #2 in the WORLD of kidnappings!!!

Old 03-21-2009, 02:31 PM

19 posts, read 90,610 times
O.K here it goes...

I'm going to ask some quistions that others have wanted to,but didn't about moving to the Houston area.

What is the general type of music? Is it Honky Tonks and places like Gilly's like you think of from T.V? Or reg clubs...bars? Don't get me wrong...I'm from WI. and raise horses and live in a town of 7,000. Now I have to move the kids and such for hubbies job to the HPD. Yikes!!!

Also, am I going to run into folks that have their noses in the air and arrive to school to pick up the kids in Gucci and such if we move to Sugarland or Katy?

Is it true folks don't come outside in the summer? I"ll get fat!! I mean really really fat if I can't bike or walk. We are looking for a home with a pool,though maybe that will help!

How do folks dress? Tony Lama & stetsons or Gucci and Prada? I myself am a jeans and t-shirt sorta gal...

Trees and lakes? Green grass?

Also,how Republican are folks? Am I going to get sneered at if I am listening to the Dixie Chics on my radio?

Mind is running wild here untill I can see for myself. And I know that most of this is sterio typical....that's why I'm asking.

Country girl at heart..

Last edited by klechner; 03-21-2009 at 02:40 PM..

Old 03-21-2009, 04:36 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,410,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klechner View Post
O.K here it goes...

I'm going to ask some quistions that others have wanted to,but didn't about moving to the Houston area.

What is the general type of music? Is it Honky Tonks and places like Gilly's like you think of from T.V? Or reg clubs...bars? Don't get me wrong...I'm from WI. and raise horses and live in a town of 7,000. Now I have to move the kids and such for hubbies job to the HPD. Yikes!!!

Also, am I going to run into folks that have their noses in the air and arrive to school to pick up the kids in Gucci and such if we move to Sugarland or Katy?

Is it true folks don't come outside in the summer? I"ll get fat!! I mean really really fat if I can't bike or walk. We are looking for a home with a pool,though maybe that will help!

How do folks dress? Tony Lama & stetsons or Gucci and Prada? I myself am a jeans and t-shirt sorta gal...

Also,how Republican are folks? Am I going to get sneered at if I am listening to the Dixie Chics on my radio?

Mind is running wild here untill I can see for myself. And I know that most of this is sterio typical....that's why I'm asking.

Country girl at heart..
LOL...I don't have time right now to address each of your concerns...but just on a quick note....I can guarantee...what ever you wear, listen to, how you act, how you practice religion, politics, etc....you can do here in Houston (or surrounding areas) and you will be just fine.
Your worrying needlessly! There are no horses tied to posts, and no shoot outs at the OK corral (well, hardly)
You'll find it all quite normal...for the exception of the humidity! Gotta run...more later!

Old 03-22-2009, 06:01 AM

50 posts, read 120,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klechner View Post
O.K here it goes...

Country girl at heart..
Wow, you've got quite an impression of Texas don't you, lol. I just moved back home from Tennessee and we couldn't be happier right now. Everyone here is pretty laid back, I go to Sugar Land and Katy quite often to go shopping. It's not like everyone you see around here is going to be wearing western wear, but you do see it. We have our good and our bad just like everywhere else. The only thing that you either love or hate, is the weather. If you love it no problem, if you hate, you deal with it, stay inside, or leave. Just the way it is. It's summer here majority of the year with lots of humidity to go with it. I love it here, but i'm also a native Texan, we're very proud to be where we're from. It's the only place in the country i've ever been that people are proud to be texans, people in other places put their town down and can't wait to leave. I couldn't wait to come back! The styles of peoples dress is a wide variety just like every other city there is. I mean you see the people in all black, you see the cowboys, the jeans and t-shirt(me), and you see the latest fashions.

Old 03-22-2009, 10:04 AM

Location: where nothin ever grows. no rain or rivers flow, TX
2,028 posts, read 8,119,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacyandian View Post
and you see the latest fashions.
ummm no you dont
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston