Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2014, 08:57 AM

20 posts, read 27,736 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

We found this list of home inspectors in Houston. Would anyone of you have any recommendations on who are the better ones among them?

We are also looking at doing a termite inspection.

Truly appreciate any guidance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2014, 01:19 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,093,602 times
I'd like to bump this thread. My dad has a rental that looks to have some termite issues. An verbal estimate he's gotten so far, with plans to get in writing in a day or two is saying $1,800. I can't imagine a termite infestation that bad...

Old 10-30-2014, 03:38 PM

5 posts, read 5,047 times
I have a great home inspector that I send clients to, but I dont know if we are allowed to advertise folks on here. Someone correct me if im wrong please...

Old 10-31-2014, 02:31 PM

200 posts, read 297,150 times
I believe you are ok to post referrals as I see people post for lenders, insurances, and all kinds of referrals. I generally just post the person's website which has the contact information but I've seen names and numbers posted. if that is allowed though I don't know but I've seen it more than once.

otherwise just PM the OP the info if you want to be sure.

Old 04-11-2016, 06:20 AM

A very late reply, but thank you all for sharing your thoughts.

Old 04-11-2016, 09:32 PM

54 posts, read 57,567 times
Hi txhou10,

I tend to be overly thorough in my vendor evaluation and selection. I have a very good home inspector, who is well credentialed and also up to date in the industry.

In fact his home inspection report is over 50 pages of personalized text and photos, along with the standard state forms.

I also have a very good inspector for termites and other wood eating pests.

I have no commercial or non commercial interest in any of these inspectors.

Let me know if you need any recommendations.

Thanks,
mengembara

Old 04-12-2016, 09:46 PM

74 posts, read 86,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mengembara View Post
Hi txhou10,

I tend to be overly thorough in my vendor evaluation and selection. I have a very good home inspector, who is well credentialed and also up to date in the industry.

In fact his home inspection report is over 50 pages of personalized text and photos, along with the standard state forms.

I also have a very good inspector for termites and other wood eating pests.

I have no commercial or non commercial interest in any of these inspectors.

Let me know if you need any recommendations.

Thanks,
mengembara
I'm not the poster you were responding to, but I'd be interested in that information. Sorry I can't figure out how to pm you.

Old 12-09-2016, 12:23 PM

Thanks guys for responding. Glad this post and your replies are helping others too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston