Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 12:25 PM

12 posts, read 15,976 times

Advertisements

Way to give Houston a great reputation OP...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2014, 12:25 PM

392 posts, read 755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schumacher713 View Post
If I could afford SF I would live there over Houston any day. I have friends who live there. Few cities in the world can compare. Though if I was a multi-millionare I would live in Manhattan. To each their own. Houston is a great city to live in, but I would not live in any other Texas city.
Oh yea Manhattan, thank you for mentioning it.

Old 03-31-2014, 12:46 PM

60 posts, read 96,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipuck View Post
IF money was no object, I would move to SF in a heartbeat. I have lived there before and i love every minute of it. Damm if i paid half my income on rent.

How could you not love the stroll on The embarcadero street in their typical perfect weather day? The weekend getaway to Napa Valley. The stroll through the city in their beautiful landscape with terrains and small hills.

The homeless folks are everywhere, including here. The city is so spread out you just don't see them as much and they hang in the areas you folks will never cross.

People in different phase of their life have different priorities and what is important to them. She will probably continue to hate it here even if she move here. Living here because of work is different then living here because you want to.

I love it here now i have kids and family.
"Typical perfect day" however every time I seem to look at weather in SF it is exactly like it is today. Mid 50s and rainy. Everyone puts SF, NY, Chi-Town, and I can go on and on, on some sort of pedestal when they don't even live there. Try moving there, quit making excuses "I'd move there in a heart beat if I could"....you literally can. Do yall realize how man Californians have been moving to Texas in the past 1,3,5 years? There is a reason. If you don't like your elbow room, cheap, stress free living than take your happy uppity ass to SF.

Old 03-31-2014, 01:27 PM
ptt

497 posts, read 637,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schumacher713 View Post
If I could afford SF I would live there over Houston any day. I have friends who live there. Few cities in the world can compare. Though if I was a multi-millionare I would live in Manhattan. To each their own. Houston is a great city to live in, but I would not live in any other Texas city.
I love manhattan too but not from Nov until March. I used to lived there many years ago. So, yes SF and NYC. For Texas I would like to be in Austin.

Old 03-31-2014, 01:31 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
If money were no object and I had to be in the US - Hawaii, hands down. SF or NYC wouldn't even be in the equation.

Old 03-31-2014, 02:13 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,984,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc1209 View Post
"Typical perfect day" however every time I seem to look at weather in SF it is exactly like it is today. Mid 50s and rainy. Everyone puts SF, NY, Chi-Town, and I can go on and on, on some sort of pedestal when they don't even live there. Try moving there, quit making excuses "I'd move there in a heart beat if I could"....you literally can. Do yall realize how man Californians have been moving to Texas in the past 1,3,5 years? There is a reason. If you don't like your elbow room, cheap, stress free living than take your happy uppity ass to SF.
There is zero humidity in San Francisco. There is no 100 degrees of 30 days in a row. I actually live there for over a year so i think i know what i am talking about, unlike some weekend tourist like you.

I lived here because it is somewhat affordable. If I have more options, this might not be it.

Just because you love it so much, other people might not feel the same way. So if you don't like my opinion, don't read it.

Old 03-31-2014, 02:24 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,146,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc1209 View Post

Old 03-31-2014, 02:27 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,146,531 times
San Francisco my ass, if I had money I'd be living in Miami or San Diego. But the way this country is going, if I had money I would be getting a pass port and hiring a immigration attorney and high tailing out of here.

Old 03-31-2014, 03:17 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,984,752 times
Battle Red Onion: Matt Schaub "Frustrated" With Oakland's Lack Of Suffocating Humidity - Battle Red Blog

"Yeah, it's frustrating, to be honest," said the 11-year pro. "Anytime you pack up and move across the country, you expect there to be an adjustment, but I didn't think I'd miss the obnoxious heat so much." Schaub went on to add that the mild, sunny skies that make the Bay Area the envy of the country have actually forced his family to spend quality time together at parks, outdoor malls and restaurants with patios.

Schaub noted that his three young daughters actually seem to be enjoying the constant highs in the lower 80s with cool breezes out of the west courtesy of scenic San Francisco Bay. "Not me, though," said Schaub, who then opened the backpack he was carrying and showed reporters what appeared to be a full change of clothing. "What am I supposed to do with this now?" he said, clutching a pair of socks, holding them over his head. "It's three o'clock and I'm not even soaking through my shirt."

Old 03-31-2014, 03:35 PM
bu2

24,101 posts, read 14,885,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipuck View Post
Battle Red Onion: Matt Schaub "Frustrated" With Oakland's Lack Of Suffocating Humidity - Battle Red Blog

"Yeah, it's frustrating, to be honest," said the 11-year pro. "Anytime you pack up and move across the country, you expect there to be an adjustment, but I didn't think I'd miss the obnoxious heat so much." Schaub went on to add that the mild, sunny skies that make the Bay Area the envy of the country have actually forced his family to spend quality time together at parks, outdoor malls and restaurants with patios.

Schaub noted that his three young daughters actually seem to be enjoying the constant highs in the lower 80s with cool breezes out of the west courtesy of scenic San Francisco Bay. "Not me, though," said Schaub, who then opened the backpack he was carrying and showed reporters what appeared to be a full change of clothing. "What am I supposed to do with this now?" he said, clutching a pair of socks, holding them over his head. "It's three o'clock and I'm not even soaking through my shirt."
I miss, on occasion, getting hot here in Atlanta. It got down below 40 today. Some summers, I never have a day when I get hot.

I would never live in San Francisco. Love visiting there, but I've been on assignment there for a couple of months. Very depressing place. Gets dark at 4 in the winter. Its foggy. It gets cold about 5 every night. The guys dress like Neo and the women are constantly bundled up because of the cold. I could do New York for a 2 year assignment, but never San Francisco. 2 months is about enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston