Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 07:55 PM

1,473 posts, read 2,138,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipuck View Post

Are you really going to pull some slides that have nothing to do with the fact the deficit is the highest ever?
See I puck ignoire that the drop is based on the projected lose revune due to the bush tax cuts. The fact that Obama put the wars back on the books after bush left them off .

Second everything he presented is a projected number based on a number of factors(AKA best guess ) while we are dealing with hard quantifiable numbers( simple math)

Old 04-09-2014, 07:58 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,889,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Obama is a great president haters just hating him because is he black nothing more and that clouds there view about everything good that Obama has done. Bush took office with a surplus and a lot of working people when he left office we were 7 to 10 trillion in debt and 8% to 8.5% unemployment rate Obama took this country pretty much out of the recession and saved the auto industry. What have republican done to help the country get back on track and help make the middle class thrive again nothing since Obama took office
This is quite the post. First of all, please define "greatness" as it pertains to presidents. When I think of "great" Presidents, I think of Washington and Lincoln. While I don't agree with FDR's politics, he was arguably a great President in terms of how much he fundamentally changed America along with his war leadership. Then you've got guys like Jefferson, Madison (who wrote the Constitution), Jackson, etc. Reagan is said to be a great President but I'm not sold on that. Hell, even Nixon (who was a bad President) has more significant foreign policy achievements than Obama. Obama isn't even in the same realm as those men. He is mediocre at best, bad at worst.

Your evidence for his "greatness" is lacking. Obama hasn't lowered the debt - it has done nothing but rise. The annual deficit may have decreased since his first term or so, but that's because losing the House means no more trillion dollar bailouts or "cash for clunkers" programs. The unemployment rate has decreased in no small part because people have GIVEN UP LOOKING FOR WORK under Obama and now live off of EBT, section 8, disability or whatever else keeps people afloat who are no longer actively looking for work. Obama saved an auto industry that was mismanaged and got itself into trouble by manufacturing poor quality products. As far as helping to "make the middle class thrive", the economic indicators don't reflect that Obama has done this. The rich have done really well under Obama's corporatist regime whose heavy regulatory hand favors firms that are large enough to afford teams of attorneys to decipher and adhere to the latest proclamations from the federal agencies.

And no, I don't think Bush was a great President either. He was also mediocre to bad with such "accomplishments" as Medicare D, No Child Left Behind, not to mention the ever-evolving reasons for invading Iraq.

Old 04-09-2014, 08:07 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,097,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
My care button is on 0 right about now.
+1 He's only here to hustle up some money, he doesn't care about the rest of you peons who can't bribe errrr donate to the communist party.

Old 04-09-2014, 08:08 PM

1,473 posts, read 2,138,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
This is quite the post. First of all, please define "greatness" as it pertains to presidents. When I think of "great" Presidents, I think of Washington and Lincoln. While I don't agree with FDR's politics, he was arguably a great President in terms of how much he fundamentally changed America along with his war leadership. Then you've got guys like Jefferson, Madison (who wrote the Constitution), Jackson, etc. Reagan is said to be a great President but I'm not sold on that. Hell, even Nixon (who was a bad President) has more significant foreign policy achievements than Obama. Obama isn't even in the same realm as those men. He is mediocre at best, bad at worst.

Your evidence for his "greatness" is lacking. Obama hasn't lowered the debt - it has done nothing but rise. The annual deficit may have decreased since his first term or so, but that's because losing the House means no more trillion dollar bailouts or "cash for clunkers" programs. The unemployment rate has decreased in no small part because people have GIVEN UP LOOKING FOR WORK under Obama and now live off of EBT, section 8, disability or whatever else keeps people afloat who are no longer actively looking for work. Obama saved an auto industry that was mismanaged and got itself into trouble by manufacturing poor quality products. As far as helping to "make the middle class thrive", the economic indicators don't reflect that Obama has done this. The rich have done really well under Obama's corporatist regime whose heavy regulatory hand favors firms that are large enough to afford teams of attorneys to decipher and adhere to the latest proclamations from the federal agencies.

And no, I don't think Bush was a great President either. He was also mediocre to bad with such "accomplishments" as Medicare D, No Child Left Behind, not to mention the ever-evolving reasons for invading Iraq.
I find such title as Great funny as hell. since history decided that not the present.. Every person you have listed as great were considered so long after their time...

Washington: Dispsied by Britsh loyalist ( I know we americans like to think that the whole nation was gung ho about breaking away but in reality it was a very disive issue of the times. With a great deal of people feeling like they were living in a nation of traitors

Linchon: Challeaged by his own party who felt that going to war was the wrong course . OHH and while he personaly found slavery distasteful he made it clear that he was about preserving the union first and far most( if he ad come to the conclusion that letting slavery continue was in the nations best interest or that freeing some slaves while keeping others were he would have gone that route( Read his letters )

Hell If Iraq stablizes in the next 20-30.. History may even end up being kinder to bush

Old 04-09-2014, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
KHOU is reporting that Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi will be in attendance at the same fundraising dinner. Tickets start at 16k all the way up to 64k so hurry if you want to get seated on time lol

I bet the 64k tickets include a selfie with Barack and Michelle
That sounds like an event for the 1%. I guess there won't be any Obamacare enrollees in there.

Old 04-09-2014, 08:18 PM

8,891 posts, read 19,875,808 times
So did anyone actually get caught up in the traffic jam and how bad was it? I left work early to avoid that mess. Last time he was in Houston it took me 45 minutes just to exit downtown (about 10 blocks). It was like sitting in Hurricane Rita evacuation traffic. How bad was it today ?

Old 04-09-2014, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Obama is a great president haters just hating him because is he black nothing more and that clouds there view about everything good that Obama has done. Bush took office with a surplus and a lot of working people when he left office we were 7 to 10 trillion in debt and 8% to 8.5% unemployment rate Obama took this country pretty much out of the recession and saved the auto industry. What have republican done to help the country get back on track and help make the middle class thrive again nothing since Obama took office
Ahhhhhhh, Lol. I guess it didn't take long for that card to be played.

Old 04-09-2014, 08:20 PM

20,501 posts, read 33,317,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
His skin color is light brown not black.

Most AA's have White in them somewhere down the line just as Barry does.
Stop. You are not fit to me or anybody else what is inside them. Also, most Black people around the world is brown. We are not a crayon so drop it.

Old 04-09-2014, 08:46 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,854,194 times
Houston - 5.7% unemployment

Chicago - 9.0% unemployment

Nuff said

Unemployment Rates for Large Metropolitan Areas

Old 04-09-2014, 08:50 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,854,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Stop. You are not fit to me or anybody else what is inside them. Also, most Black people around the world is brown. We are not a crayon so drop it.
Tell that to your partner in crime who pulled the race card first.

I don't care if he's purple or green he's a sorry excuse for a president even though he may be an admirable person on the basketball court hooping it up with.

Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston