Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2014, 09:37 PM

32 posts, read 68,019 times

Advertisements

Westin builds in Riverstone as does Trendmaker as well as Tuscan Lakes which Trendmaker built in previously but has closed out from. Westin continues to build in the newer section of Tuscan Lakes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2014, 09:19 AM

160 posts, read 395,915 times
Correct but Westin has never been in a community developed by Trendmaker. Riverstone is developed by Johnson Development

Old 08-04-2014, 09:35 AM

21 posts, read 50,118 times
The Reserve's website has now changed. It used to say opening in Fall of 2014. Now it says opening in "Late 2014." Clearly this is not breaking new considering the amount of progress that has taken place.

Old 08-04-2014, 02:32 PM

32 posts, read 68,019 times
I don't even think they will make that opening date.. When you figure the average build time on a Trendmaker is 5-6 months, if they started today (which there is absolutely no way they could), the model home(s) would not be ready until December-January. Looks like the water mains are being dug now but there are no streets whatsoever. I would think March-April 2015 seems more realistic. Plus there is NO progress on the retail side at all. I figured we would see them digging up the front section by Clear lake City Blvd by now.. They are definitely running on the slow side with this one.

Old 08-04-2014, 02:37 PM

160 posts, read 395,915 times
The opening in Late 2014 is the date the lots or homesites will be ready for buyers to pick from, not the opening date of the model homes. The retail site does not need to be open at the time the lots are ready to sale to buyers. The retail development is being done by a differnet developer.

Old 08-14-2014, 10:12 AM

8 posts, read 12,985 times
Hey all,

I found out that the following bids have already been awarded but I don't think the work has been started yet:
- to widen the intersection at Clear Lake City and El Dorado including creating the road into the development.
- to clear out the area to the right of El Dorado
- to create the detention ponds in what I think is Phase 2
- to pave the roads in Section 5 which is the gated patio home section

Recently I saw that the bids to create the drainage, sanitary sewer and water facilities in Section 2 and 3 right of El Dorado have been advertised.

Looks like a lot of work is being planned but it doesn't look like a whole lot has been started yet.

Old 08-15-2014, 10:15 PM

8,376 posts, read 30,568,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aketkar View Post
Hey all,

I found out that the following bids have already been awarded but I don't think the work has been started yet:
- to widen the intersection at Clear Lake City and El Dorado including creating the road into the development.
- to clear out the area to the right of El Dorado
- to create the detention ponds in what I think is Phase 2
- to pave the roads in Section 5 which is the gated patio home section

Recently I saw that the bids to create the drainage, sanitary sewer and water facilities in Section 2 and 3 right of El Dorado have been advertised.

Looks like a lot of work is being planned but it doesn't look like a whole lot has been started yet.
This will take years to finish. For example Pine Brook was built in 8 years (1994-2002) and has almost 1,100 homes. The new neighborhood will have about 750 homes. So you if you make some assumptions it'll probably take about 5 years to build out. Not sure how Trendmaker does things, but the multiple builders in Pine Brook took about 7-9 months to finish each house. Anyway whatever... point is this will be going on for several years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jherrickjr View Post
I have had numerous conversations with project managers from Trendmaker and they have told me prices will start in the low 300's for the 55' section. I think that prices will be more on par with Trendmaker's Cinco Ranch properties vs the Riverstone comparison made earlier. Riverstone is in Ft. Bend which is growing at a stellar pace.. (one of the fastest growing counties in the state of Texas) Pricing there is about 20-30% higher due to overwhelming demand for living in Sugarland.
You might be right. However there is generally a lot of overlap in pricing with Clear Lake and Sugar Land. I've been watching things for years and it seems you can almost always get more house for the money in Katy and *usually* get more house for the $ in Sugar Land, when you include tax & insurance. (The old stock out there is also much more bland/dirty/outdated vs Clear Lake.) Also Trendmaker says the average income within 1 mile of this development is $156k... much of that coming from Bay Oaks where it is closer to $200k. This blows out most of Sugar Land and Katy-- and they will capitalize on it if they have some common sense.

Old 08-17-2014, 01:13 AM

102 posts, read 394,396 times
Default Fault lines & old oil wells? Thoughts?

Hi all - I am new to this discussion but have been lurking for awhile. Yet another person who'd LOVE more info about the Reserve! Helloooo Trendmaker!?! Anyway, your conversations have been really helpful, so I wanted to add what I found today...hope it will help others...

The Fidelis Facebook page has some discussion, again about HEB. Also discuss school zoning (it will be split between Clear Brook & Clear Lake, which somehow I hadn't thought about, but yes, that would concur with the current CCISD maps.)

Then, I wanted to hear what others think about this...I pored over that property site map on p. 3 of the Fidelis PDF that jherrickjr shared (thanks!) and saw something interesting. Initially I thought I'd jump to get into this neighborhood, but now I'm a bit concerned about two things...should I be?

#1: when I zoom in very closely, I see the drainage greenbelts (but not detention ponds) also have thin red dashes on them, with the words "Possible fault lines." I'm a native Oklahoman, and maybe I'm overreacting because they're having earthquakes almost daily now, but I feel a little leery about this. What do others think?

#2: I looked at the first map on this topography website and I think I see 2-3 oil wells on this land, where the 70' & 80' homesites would be in the northwest corner. Aerial views on Google seem to match this. Again, is this cause for concern? Or should I just realize it's Houston...old oil & gas wells may just be standard fare.

So, should I be concerned as a prospective buyer?

Thanks again for the helpful discussion.

Old 08-17-2014, 08:52 AM

8,376 posts, read 30,568,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2fly View Post
#2: I looked at the first map on this topography website and I think I see 2-3 oil wells on this land, where the 70' & 80' homesites would be in the northwest corner. Aerial views on Google seem to match this. Again, is this cause for concern? Or should I just realize it's Houston...old oil & gas wells may just be standard fare.
That's not the right map. Look at that one you provided and then this. Use the pond to the north as a point of reference. I've marked where the neighborhood will be:

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/29.6...m3!4m2!1m0!1m0

Regarding faults, all I have to say is buyer beware.

Do you know if you live on an active fault? - SciGuy

Upscale homeowners in The Woodlands sue over fault lines - Houston Chronicle

Old 08-17-2014, 08:42 PM

1 posts, read 2,276 times
Lightbulb You can't stop this

I grew up farming 3200 acres along highway 3 for soybeans and Milo. We ran cattle on the remainder of the 13,000 that was formerly the west ranch. This was all in the 70's and 80's. So many people are upset about the development but I strongly remember being cussed out over 100 times by various CLC residents because I was taking up too much space driving down Highway 3 with my equipment, dust was blowing off the fields onto the subdivisions, our rabbits and skunks etc are causing problems for them and scaring their kids...

I always told them that we were here first but they never cared. Broke my heart every time that I had a piece of good farmland taken out of the lease so that Exxon/FWD Dev could bring in more houses for people to live in.

In the end, I had to realize, I was only the tenant and that the only way I could ever stop it was if I owned it which I did not and could not. I then left and moved my operation to South Texas.

So, everyone who is outraged, needs to not stress out because the fix is in and you will never stop it. If you were so concerned, you should have moved into the city and bought a tear down and build your house in the hood so that your impact on some beautiful country would have been minimized.

AS FOR THE UNDERGROUND STORAGE FORMATION, A PORTION OF CLEAR LAKE CITY AND THE VERY SOUTHERN TIP OF PASADENA ARE ALREADY BUILT ON THE FLANKS.
THE WELL THAT IS THE BLOW OUT FOR A LOSS OF CONTAINMENT FOR THE FORMATION IS ONLY 1/4 MILE FROM CLEAR LAKE CITY BLVD. YOU CAN SEE IT FROM THE ROAD.

MY FIRST NON FAMILY JOB WAS FOR THE CLEAR LAKE GAS PLANT AND I WOULD RUN CHECKS ON THE PRODUCTION WELLS AS WELL AS THE INJECTION/STORAGE WELLS AND I KNOW WHAT THE PAPERWORK ON THAT WELL INDICATED.

Trendmaker intends to develop the area immediately adjacent to that well.

That being said, the formation already extends into the northern parts of PineBrook etc.

I also saw some comments on the production land at Highway 3 and CLC.
I was back in town visiting family last month.

A lot of whining going on about new rigs and production as well as tree clearing going on.

Denbury resources purchased the production from ExxonMobile and they are a first class company and have spent millions cleaning up the mess Exxon left.

For the clearing, most city dwellers in CLC don't know this but the entirety of CLC used to be coastal prairie. So, complaining about Denbury clearing trees that Exxon Planted in the 70's to hide production and now Denbury working to return the land to it's natural state of Prairie, is just asinine.

Please educate yourselves before making stupid statement about clearing trees or whining about drilling rigs. Those drilling rigs are the only thing saving you people from more houses, more commercial dev, and more congestion.

Just thought I would share some facts from an old hand.

P.S. random memory that some might find humorous. There are two community cemeteries that were pushed over and developed on top of in Clear Lake City. One was built on in the late 60's and the other was built on in the late 70's. There was full knowledge on the part of FDC but somehow, the clearing contractor did not "Identify" the location as they were doing the land prep.
Several historical sights are gone as well including the original J. Frank Dobie birth place/Home.(Before the family moved west)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston