Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 05:51 AM

3,333 posts, read 9,174,639 times

Advertisements

That's WAY overpriced for Forest.

Ronnie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2014, 05:16 PM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonRonnie View Post
That's WAY overpriced for Forest.

Ronnie
Do a little fine tuning. Some houses in Woods 2 have been bringing 100 a foot, so have some in Brandonwood. One house in Woods 2 sold for almost 95 a foot. The owner decided she wanted a one story. She painted it to look like an Easter basket and sold it 5 months later for 102 psf.

That house in Woods 1 is very over priced. Like I said before, some agents don't know the difference between the 2 separate subdivisions.

Old 04-22-2014, 07:39 AM

986 posts, read 1,272,628 times
And clearly some buyers don't either . . .

Old 04-22-2014, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkLadyK View Post
And clearly some buyers don't either . . .
You are right about that. Let's see if it sells at that price.

I thought that lady Wells Fargo sent in from California was crazy when she bought that house on Norborne and lived in it 5 months. But she didn't lose her behind.

Most of those houses in Woods 2 were custom built from builder plans. Bob Cabiness is a well respected builder. Many have extensive millwork and real wood floors. You can granite the whole house for 10 grand, but those floors and millwork are so expensive they cannot be duplicated in today's world medium priced house.

Old 04-22-2014, 08:12 AM

Can you clarify Woods 1 and Woods 2 for me (being one of "those buyers" )?

Also, what, if anything, do you know about those houses that back up to the golf course? Are there restrictions on what you can do in your backyard (fences, for example)?

Thanks for your help.

Old 04-22-2014, 10:39 AM

27 posts, read 47,404 times
Quote:
Can you clarify Woods 1 and Woods 2 for me (being one of "those buyers" )?

Also, what, if anything, do you know about those houses that back up to the golf course? Are there restrictions on what you can do in your backyard (fences, for example)?

Thanks for your help.
I think the best thing may be to take a drive through those neighborhoods to understand their vibes. For example, Champions, Huntwick, and Champions Forest all appealed to us while Woods 2 did not. We chose Huntwick (cy-fair isd) because of the old school charm we had been looking for. If I would have found a great deal in Klein ISD I would have no problem jumping on it. We have no problem taking some risks if we see value. I will say this everyone who visits us from all parts of Houston love our neighborhood and the area. Most were never knew about the area/neighborhoods and now they want to move over here.

Old 04-22-2014, 11:06 AM

OK, having stared at the maps until my eyes crossed, I'm now seeing (I think) that both Woods 1 and Woods 2 are zoned to Klein Forest HS. The general advice on here has been to avoid Klein Forest, so the distinction between 1 and 2 is basically pointless, no?

Old 04-22-2014, 04:19 PM

Quote:
OK, having stared at the maps until my eyes crossed, I'm now seeing (I think) that both Woods 1 and Woods 2 are zoned to Klein Forest HS. The general advice on here has been to avoid Klein Forest, so the distinction between 1 and 2 is basically pointless, no?
Woods 2 is north of Strack Road.

Your investment will always be better protected, IMO, in the Cy Fair ISD. Klein high school has a good reputation but the whole district is becoming mediocre.

For some years one could not give away a house in either Woods of Wimbledon due to Klein Forest High school. In 1998 it was a very good Blue Ribbon school. The apartments and changing demographics put it at more than 60% reduced and free lunch.

The houses in Woods 2 were constructed just about the time Houston economy went into the toilet back in the mid 80's. It was mostly complete with semi custom high dollar homes. Some were finished with not so good finishes so the builder could get the money and run. The Cabiness houses have always been well thought of. The school pulled the value down. There is another Cabiness sub division off Louetta.

Folks who recognize quality and have no need for schools are willing to take a chance.

You could land a helicopter on the roof of my house due to the 2x8 and 2x10 framing. The upstairs sub floor was double tongue and grooved 2x6 on top of 3/4 inch plywood. I was told all that dentil molding would run over $25 a foot. It was not made of plastic.

Three huge trees landed on my next door neighbors house during a storm. He might have lost a shingle.

There are only 2 houses in there now for sale. They are both around 450.

Old 04-22-2014, 05:26 PM

27 posts, read 47,404 times
Quote:
Use the HAR new beta search for the school boundaries. I have found it to be pretty accurate.

HAR.com - Map Search

Old 04-22-2014, 08:47 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,984,276 times
Or better yet, use redfin instead. You can just type the school and it will show the boundary. You can do the same for neighborhoods. You can also see the historical price of houses also.

I think that site is 10x better than HAR.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston