Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 01:15 PM

98 posts, read 196,693 times

Advertisements

Dear friends - My wife and I are planning to buy a house with Ashton Woods in Willow Creek Farms. We are absolutely new to home buying and any guidance for the key issues below will be a blessing for us.

1) Currently they say that Willow Creek will fall in Katy ISD but the address indicates a Brookshire zip code. Is it possible that the City eventually decides to pull Willow Creek out of Katy ISD due to ISD rezoning? If yes, are Brookshire schools good ?

2) Which is more important - Zip code or ISD ?

We love the floor plan of AW but have absolutely no information at all to decide if we should move to Willow Creek Farms. That seems to be the only place left in Katy ISD now in our budget for a new home. I love the fact that it is right off I 10 unlike some other subdivisions like Silver Ranch.

3) How is the HOV lane commute on I-10 during peak hour to downtown? Both me & my wife work in the same company and drive together.

4) Not much info. seems to be there for this builder (most of it is dated). Ryland seems to have been sold out there already. Please share your experiences either with this builder and/or this community.

Many Thanks!

Last edited by bghouston; 04-28-2014 at 01:49 PM.. Reason: change in title
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2014, 05:32 PM

293 posts, read 756,523 times
The subdivision seems to be doing very well. They recently added 3 new builders, Meritage, Westin and Pulte. Willow Creek Farm will stay in Katy isd. The subdivision is in Waller county so your car and home insurance will be cheaper. Good luck in your search.

Old 04-28-2014, 06:11 PM

Thank you!

Old 04-28-2014, 06:57 PM

675 posts, read 1,453,378 times
I heard the Pederson Rd exit gets really backed up. With the cheap KB home community going in close to Willow Creek Farms I would imagine it's just going to get worse. I've always been curious about WCF...why would people want to buy next to industrial plots of land?

Old 04-28-2014, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip808 View Post
I heard the Pederson Rd exit gets really backed up. With the cheap KB home community going in close to Willow Creek Farms I would imagine it's just going to get worse. I've always been curious about WCF...why would people want to buy next to industrial plots of land?

Thanks for the reply.

I heard that too about the backing up of Pederson Rd but they say its because of the truck stop and manageable on most days. The KB home is oddly located on the south side and on the 2 way feeder road. It was confusing the first time I drove on that. There is a stop sign before I can touch Pederson road to let the other traffic into I10 going east.

The Kingsland Blvd that is currently a standalone road going through willow creek is going to eventually be connected with the main Kingsland from the east and will run through KB homes estate as well parallel to I10. I am hoping that will free up the traffic a bit.

BTW - which industrial plots are you referring to ?

Old 04-28-2014, 07:13 PM

Like the big warehouses and manufacturing. Rooms to go, Cameron, Goya, Igloo, among others. I would have to get onto a computer. But a lot of the big chunks of land next to I-10 are slated for industrial/manufacturing/warehouses etc.

Old 04-28-2014, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Like the big warehouses and manufacturing. Rooms to go, Cameron, Goya, Igloo, among others. I would have to get onto a computer. But a lot of the big chunks of land next to I-10 are slated for industrial/manufacturing/warehouses etc.
This is the westernmost border community of Katy ISD even though it falls in Brookshire zip code. So technically prices are still a lil low for new houses (just marginally lower) than the other subdivisions like Silver/Pine Mille/Firethorne etc. and we are getting a reasonably good floor plan with AW in this community. Otherwise, I agree with you, there is no reason to be out this far.

I have heard about guys losing their city zip codes when a larger city takes over another smaller one but have you heard about ISDs redrawing their maps to exclude current communities out of it ? That is the only thing that worries me still..

Have to make a decision by Wednesday - still frantically scouring the web to see anything else that might be available in the 250-300 K price range south of I10 in Katy ISD with a good floor plan but options are running dry.

Old 04-28-2014, 08:04 PM

250-300k, how many bedrooms/bath/sq ft are you aiming for?

Old 04-28-2014, 08:06 PM

Quote:
250-300k, how many bedrooms/bath/sq ft are you aiming for?

2 stories, 4 bedrooms plus game room, 3 .5 bath - apaprox 2800-3000 sq ft

Old 04-28-2014, 08:07 PM

Sent you a PM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston