Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 02:36 PM

9 posts, read 22,341 times

Advertisements

We just moved to into Riverstone a couple of months ago. I have an almost 3 year old and am looking into a full-time montessori preschool for her. Right now she's attending a Montessori school close to my job (med center), but I noticed Casa dei Bambini right in Riverstone. Does anyone have any experience with this daycare/school? Or anyone who sends their kids to Montessori schools have any recommendations for the Missouri City/Sugar Land area?

She's happy at the current place we have her, but it's a lot of time in the car for her now with the commute and the school itself is a little behind the times (no website, only take checks, not much communication with parents, no organized activities outside of the school day, and any enrichment activities require an extra fee (e.g., art class, music class, spanish class). However, the teachers are caring and my daughter has been very happy there, so I haven't been too bothered by these organizational/administrative issues. However, now that she's getting older I want to be sure she's in a good learning environment. Would love feedback from anyone in the Sugar Land/Missouri City area who has information on Montessori preschool programs in the area.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2014, 06:48 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,095,547 times
I don't know anything about that particular Montessori. I have heard a lot of positive things about the Sienna Montessori. Several of my children's classmates went there for pre-k and still go there for after care. The one in RS would be ideal in your situation. Hope you get some positive feedback about it.

Old 05-02-2014, 09:10 AM

Thanks Sampuguita. The Sienna Montessori could be an option too as I drive down that way on my morning commute. I'll check it out.

Old 05-02-2014, 04:10 PM

6 posts, read 13,098 times
There's a French-Immersion Montessori-inspired preschool opening near Riverstone this summer. Their website is Houston French Preschool and Academy

Old 05-02-2014, 04:40 PM

So I visited the montessori school in Riverstone today. It seemed like a really good place and the kids seemed happy. Would love to hear from anyone with first-hand knowledge (or even second-hand) about this place.

I also look into the french immersion school that was mentioned.

Old 05-03-2014, 03:06 PM

139 posts, read 355,019 times
From a family friend that had tried the casa de bambi, they said they left and went to another more traditional daycare/school. They did not like it. Not enough structure, and did not think it was well run. But this was ~6-7 months ago, things may have changed.

Old 05-03-2014, 06:46 PM

Thanks MinD. Did they just not like the Montessori method or was there something else? It seemed way more structured than the current Montessori my daughter attends but of course it's hard to tell from a 10 minute tour. Where did they end up going?

Old 05-13-2014, 02:07 PM

51 posts, read 236,379 times
Our son goes to Casa dei bambini. He loves it and has progressed so much since he has started. All the teachers know his name, he can read entire books, add/subtract, write sentences, etc... and the children all seem very well behaved. I was just amazed to see what the kids can do here. And they teach them all to be helpful. Our 5 year old does the dishes, wipes the table, cleans up his toys, waters the plants, and makes his bed every morning. His teacher was the one who encouraged us to have him do these things at home b/c they all do it at school. We highly recommend this school. He is going to miss Casa when he moves to public school in August for Kindergarten. Montessori is not for every child, but it worked out great for ours.

Old 10-05-2014, 10:30 PM

139 posts, read 355,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kn2128 View Post
Thanks MinD. Did they just not like the Montessori method or was there something else? It seemed way more structured than the current Montessori my daughter attends but of course it's hard to tell from a 10 minute tour. Where did they end up going?
They chose Kids R Kids in New Territory....

I have heard from others that tried the new Casa de Bambi in Telfair and decided it was not for them. The feedback i was given was it was not well managed and kids were working independently most times. One was able to get their kid into Lakeview Montessori.

Old 10-06-2014, 12:53 PM

155 posts, read 266,098 times
Try Sugarcreek Montessori
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston