Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2014, 03:01 PM

1 posts, read 589 times

Advertisements

Hi, I was going to sign the lease at Galleria Oaks, however read some negative reviews on apartment ratings and yelp. Anybody with personal experience first hand ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2014, 04:09 PM

259 posts, read 350,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhiw View Post
Hi, I was going to sign the lease at Galleria Oaks, however read some negative reviews on apartment ratings and yelp. Anybody with personal experience first hand ?
I'd be interesting in this too. I've also been considering there.

However, to the OP, i'd caution you to not look too deeply into apartment reviews. I've looked at a lot of apartments over the years and very few of them had good reviews yet most of them were perfectly fine. I currently live in Austin at a Gables apartment and the reviews are pretty bad on most sites... yet its by far the best apartment community i've ever lived in.

Typically, only people who have had very bad experiences bother to write reviews, so take it all with a grain of salt. You can especially ignore the people who complain about noise, dogs barking, pet feces in the grass, etc because that is something that's just part of living in an apartment and some people can't accept that.

My advice is to focus mostly on the location, floor plans, and amenities. If you go check the place out you'll get a good feeling for the staff and the quality of the community. Go with your gut.

Old 05-05-2014, 05:02 PM

2,367 posts, read 4,696,041 times
Old crappy apartment complex. You get what you pay for in that respect. As for reviews. If you looked up reviews on some of the nicest complexes in Houston you will see them get trashed. Everyone has complains about whatever complex they rent from.

Old 05-06-2014, 08:40 AM

2,756 posts, read 3,808,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schumacher713 View Post
Old crappy apartment complex. You get what you pay for in that respect. As for reviews. If you looked up reviews on some of the nicest complexes in Houston you will see them get trashed. Everyone has complains about whatever complex they rent from.
The one complaint that you cannot take lightly is .... BEDBUGS.

Old 05-06-2014, 09:15 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,925,220 times
Walk around the complex to look at general cleanliness and upkeep, take a look at the type of cars parked. See the people going in and out. Online reviews are more often negative.

Old 05-06-2014, 01:31 PM

69 posts, read 128,036 times
When I graduated from college, I considered leasing here but decided to go to Westchase for a more updated unit at about the same rate. I visited a friend of a friend there recently, and it seemed like a decent enough complex although it is older. he seemed to really like it though and had been there for 2 yrs now. one thing I did notice is the parking was horrible (and it was one of my gripes when I considered moving here), and I visited on a weekend. I had to park pretty far away on the street, but he came and walk me to the gate. that would be my only caution is your guests will be parking really far away. other than that, good location.

visit in the day time and in the night time. maybe ask people who currently lease there while you're walking around. and get a fill for it. before I finally bought a home, I leased at complexes with HORRIBLE reviews and I could never understand it because I had such great and pleasant experiences at all of them!

take the reviews with a grain of salt. and best of luck on your search!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: