U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2014, 10:19 PM

18 posts, read 19,112 times

Advertisements

I live in Orange County California. So many of my friends have moved to Texas and I will be joining them this summer...I think.
I have a 4 year old that is currently enrolled in preschool. Schools are pretty expensive here but I managed to get a church run school and pay $600/month. That is pretty cheap.
She will be going to Pre-K in September and I need to have an idea what tuition is like over there. I am looking at La Petite, Kindercare, Primrose schools to start.
Anyone have any information?

Also the norm here is to graduate at Pre-K before moving to Kinder. I see a lot of schools having both a Pre-K and Kinder. Does this mean there is not Pre-K graduation?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2014, 10:46 PM

392 posts, read 645,997 times
My son has been to a kindercare and a kids r kids. kinder care for $720/month, kids r kids is for $800/month.
They are both good but it'll depend on the specific location you choose.

Old 06-02-2014, 11:56 PM

3 posts, read 3,414 times
Hello msshelly11,

The prices quoted by "From SoCal to Houston" are about right. Some of the schools here have Pre-K and Kindergarten. There is a graduation ceremony. Some of the schools have before and afterschool care in house. There can be a waiting list because it is CHEAP! You can also contact the school district for information on the programs where you think you might want to reside. I work with a lot of people moving to Texas. Let me know if I can help you.

Old 06-03-2014, 12:16 PM

114 posts, read 201,326 times
Primrose

Old 06-11-2014, 12:04 AM

18 posts, read 19,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY to LA View Post
My son has been to a kindercare and a kids r kids. kinder care for $720/month, kids r kids is for $800/month.
They are both good but it'll depend on the specific location you choose.
Great information. Thank you so much

Old 06-11-2014, 12:52 AM

392 posts, read 645,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msshelly11 View Post
Great information. Thank you so much
You are welcome. Please feel free to ask me any questions, we've been in the same situation and toured lots of daycares.

Old 06-11-2014, 07:52 AM

331 posts, read 406,430 times
$800/mo. is a good conservative estimate. I was at one time paying twice that for two. I think the youngest was more expensive, though, so you might get by on slightly less than that for one in pre-k. Daycare/pre-k is expensive, particularly for two kids, but I never felt like I was throwing money away, so there's that. Good luck.

Lots of people moving from Socal to Houston, huh? I have visited there and, if not for the housing prices, that's almost hard to believe. I have lived in Houston for a while and like it here, but I hope you don't value the weather and beaches too much. Those are two things you will miss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: