Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2014, 05:44 PM

5 posts, read 5,511 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone!! I am at a complete loss as to where would be the best place for myself to relocate...so i was hoping if I spoke of what I wanted in a community..maybe someone can help me with the decision...I want to relocate to Houston or Dallas Texas within the year....and have done alot of research on this subject...I am not wanting to get the Dallas Houston war started..I know they eavh have their goods and bads..I just need to know which is good for me...

My first priority is safety...thus I would be looking for homes around Friendswood, Katy or Plano and then commuting to work in/near metro area. I will be working in my degree earned area of a paralegal (if this helps)
I want to live in a good community thats safe..and am willing to pay alittle extra for that and have a longer commute, but still want a place where i can get most for my money. I am looking to spend around $900-$975 for an apartment..
I would like an area clean, that I can feel comfortable in...
I also have two small dogs that will be movin with me so a community maybe mear or has some dog parks??
As I mentioned Ive done the reswarch and know both Dallas and Hiuston have their goods and bads..I read that Dallas is more materialistoc..but nicer?? And that Houston is more laid back..but has multiple businesses etc jammed in one small place (no zoning) can someone please advise me that lives there or has lived there on what area is safer for a single woman...cleanest area...and a place where I can start putting my roots..Also I should mention I am in no way into the clubbing scene...going for walks with dogs...watchin a movie at home etc are my ideas of fun

PS someone recently told me that either city...I should plan on getting mugged !!!! WHAT!

All helo is appreciated!

Old 06-06-2014, 08:56 PM

111 posts, read 218,456 times
Mugged? Not sure where that is coming from. Even in the ghetto areas you are still fine.

I have lived in Plano for 15 years and now live in Friendswood. Both are extremely safe areas even in their run down parts. My preference is Plano but I am biased on that because of family and friends there.

I think Houston is just as materialistic as Dallas. Only differences to me is Houston is much larger, more humid and worse traffic.

You won't get a nice apartment in Friendswood for that price. Really isn't any apartments there. League city and Clear Lake is right there and would be a good option.

In Dallas there is Plano/Allen/Frisco. All three cities are super safe and great choices. I feel Dallas is more laid back then Houston but that is also due to the smaller size.

I personally just didn't care for Katy but that is just me. I have no experience with it.

Old 06-06-2014, 10:52 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,914,224 times
You can be a paralegal almost anywhere. Need to do more homework why you want to relocate to one city or another.

Closed for now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: