Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 04:32 PM

1 posts, read 7,475 times

Advertisements

elow poh, is there someone wants to invest a house, condo unit sa philippines or in cebu?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2010, 11:54 PM

1 posts, read 7,282 times
Default Goldilocks in Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Houston has never had a Goldilocks. If it ever did it would still exist to this very day. I think the local Filipino community in Houston is large enough now it could actually support a Goldilocks or Jollibee like they have in Cali. & Philippines.
I have been here in Houston for over 30 years and there was a Goldilocks before. It was re-named to Gold Ribbon and moved a few blocks away. I played in the defunct Filipino Sports Association of Houston -- Goldilocks was one of the softball teams. Goldilocks in Houston was shut down because of illegal gun running to the Philippines via door-to-door Forex shipments.

Old 06-01-2010, 08:47 AM

3 posts, read 20,969 times
We just move from Dallas, any filipino around Spring or woodlands?

Old 06-01-2010, 10:03 AM

316 posts, read 784,245 times
Kumusta!......most of the pinoys live south of the city - South Houston, Pearland, Sugar Land, Stafford - Some here in Clear Lake & the west side of League City in Brittney Bay.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:27 AM

12,498 posts, read 26,979,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat View Post
Not many Pinoy in Northern Houston. The best places to find them are in Pearland, Sugar Land, Stafford, Katy, & Clear Lake areas.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:41 AM

4,900 posts, read 13,730,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat View Post
There are a lot of Filipinos in Spring area around Veterans Memorial. On Veterans Memorial you can also find a Hong Kong supermarket that carries Filipino foods and Pinoy Kargo which ships Balikbayan boxes.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:52 AM

12,498 posts, read 26,979,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_ut View Post
There are a lot of Filipinos in Spring area around Veterans Memorial. On Veterans Memorial you can also find a Hong Kong supermarket that carries Filipino foods and Pinoy Kargo which ships Balikbayan boxes.
I wouldn't say a lot, but there are some Filipinos in Northern Houston. Southside is full of them though.

Old 06-01-2010, 11:00 AM

3,106 posts, read 9,121,577 times
Welcome!

Agree with Matt. I only met one Filipina the entire 9 mos we were in The Woodlands (none in any of the mom or play groups I belonged to). She worked at Baby Gap in Market Street and lived in the Veteran's Memorial area. Tons of Filipinos in the area we live in now (Missouri City, Sugar Land, Stafford).

Old 06-01-2010, 10:18 PM

1,474 posts, read 4,995,303 times
yeah baby

Old 06-01-2010, 10:32 PM

789 posts, read 1,527,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampaguita View Post
Welcome!

Agree with Matt. I only met one Filipina the entire 9 mos we were in The Woodlands (none in any of the mom or play groups I belonged to). She worked at Baby Gap in Market Street and lived in the Veteran's Memorial area. Tons of Filipinos in the area we live in now (Missouri City, Sugar Land, Stafford).
Very true. One of my best friends is Filipino. I also worked with a lot of Filipinos. They mostly live in the Southwest area of Houston, and over in Sugarland from what I see. Of course they don't represent all Filipino's, but I found it telling that all of them lived close to one another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston