Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 12:48 AM

12,498 posts, read 26,991,779 times

Advertisements

Wowowee is coming to Houston in December!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2008, 09:59 AM

41 posts, read 182,012 times
anyone has the telephone number of the pinoy restaurant near viet hoa? (not filipinana)

Old 11-17-2008, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dummy17th View Post
anyone has the telephone number of the pinoy restaurant near viet hoa? (not filipinana)
You mean the one in the small food court area? Its tiny & they're not very friendly there.

Old 11-29-2008, 08:31 AM

26 posts, read 87,611 times
Welcome to Houston!!!

Old 11-29-2008, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpinay View Post
Hello everyone!!! for those who go to filipiniana restaurant a lot, do they have karaoke nights on the weekends? I'm from Carson, CA and just moved to Houston with my bf the end of June this year. There was this filipino restaurant that we loved going to in Carson. It's called Maynila and they have Karaoke every night starting at 9pm. My bf and I are dying to go out. We mostly stay in our apt every weekend since we don't know too many people around here and don't know where to go.
Been to Filipiniana, good food but I hope they'd renovate the interior a bit nicer ... re Karaoke nights, I noticed they have a small space for entertainment, but no idea at all... I found them online, so you can google them, call and inquire

Last edited by LadyTX; 11-29-2008 at 08:56 AM..

Old 11-29-2008, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayato View Post
Oh great! We're really interested in reviews of Matsusaka. We're a bit turned off by Bennihana style of food so hesitated with Matsusaka. Then when we finally went it's already closing LOL

Anyone tried Aloha Grill yet? That's a Filipino-Japanese fusion right there. Luncheon Meat in between slabs of sticky rice wrapped around dried seaweed LOL like Filipino sushi
Hey, at last, went to Sushi Jin a couple of days ago, and that was great! I'd been to a number of Japanese restos here in Houston and Sushi Jin is closer to being authentic, ambience etc ...yatta! I love the Asari Miso Soup, but they didn't have the Chu-Toro at that time, they have a Karaoke room and tatami room (?) I heard the "welcome guy" spoke a bit of Japanese, but when I responded "oishii" to our server ...she was like , she's an Indonesian lol

Old 12-02-2008, 11:43 PM

2 posts, read 6,852 times
Hi there

Do you know any goldilocks, seafood city around the area? or other famous filipino restaurant/fastfood.

Thanks

Old 12-02-2008, 11:46 PM

2 posts, read 6,852 times
Hi everyone...

is there anyone here who can give me informations regarding filipino events here in texas...

Thanks

Old 12-03-2008, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adlon123 View Post
Hi there

Do you know any goldilocks, seafood city around the area? or other famous filipino restaurant/fastfood.

Thanks
The only Goldilocks in the states are in California.

Houston has a Filipino restaurant/bakery called Gold Ribbon thats probably the closest thing you'll get to a Goldilocks. Its located in the Med Center area.

Here is a full list of all the Filipino restaurants in the Houston area:

http://www.b4-u-eat.com/houston/rest...e/filipino.asp

Old 01-04-2009, 11:47 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,124,155 times
Went to Filipiniana with relatives recently and was very excited to finally be going there based on comments here and on other message boards. It was not at all what I expected based on the glowing reviews on b4-u-eat.

The interior is pretty much lacking in ambiance but I was expecting as much sine Filipino restaurants tend not to be into ambiance. The food was not at all what we were expecting either. Between us 10 adults, I think we gave every dish a try and all of us commented on how tough all the meats were - I thought I was going to break a tooth on the crispy pata! We arrived relatively early because we'd heard that they tend to run out of things so it wasn't as if the food had been sitting around all day long to get tough. We couldn't identify a lot of the dishes (5 out of 10 of us were raised to adulthood in the Philippines and most of us cook Filipino so we do know our Filipino cuisine) so labeling them in some way would have been helpful.

Everything was swimming in grease and way over-cooked. The bananas used for the fried plantains were hilaw pa and the rice was either undercooked or not cooked with enough water. All in all, it was a very disappointing lunch and I'm pretty sure that no one in our group would ever return there.

Gold Ribbon is a much better option IMHO.

Last edited by Sampaguita; 01-04-2009 at 11:56 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston