Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 10:22 AM

2,756 posts, read 3,807,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickelsTX View Post
What a crybaby. Someone put $25 worth of drinks on my tab the other night but you don't see me whining to the masses about it.
Not nice to call people names. Thanks for the drinks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2014, 12:05 PM

83 posts, read 204,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
When did Texas last do that?
Looks like 1994: History of Texas License Plates

They still use them on trailers and motorcycles.

Old 06-23-2014, 04:55 PM

123 posts, read 199,581 times
I thought of this thread this morning reading in the Chronicle about inspection stickers going away as of March 2015. You will now have to provide the DMV with proof that you passed inspection before your registration is renewed.

So does that mean they will just start stealing the registration sticker instead?

Old 06-23-2014, 07:36 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,991,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmantx512 View Post
I thought of this thread this morning reading in the Chronicle about inspection stickers going away as of March 2015. You will now have to provide the DMV with proof that you passed inspection before your registration is renewed.

So does that mean they will just start stealing the registration sticker instead?
Seeing this post made me look that article up. I'm still confused. I get mind done in the same month always to avoid well this one needs renewing here and there. I just do both on the same day and be done.

Both of mine expire 2/2015 so WTF does that mean with this?

Old 06-24-2014, 01:22 AM

1,940 posts, read 3,564,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4string View Post
Back when your registration sticker was on your rear license plate, people used to steal them all of the time. That's why they're on the inside now. The solution was to stick it on and then cut it up with a razor blade so you couldn't peel off the whole sticker.
That freaked me out two years ago when I moved to California and the over $200 sticker is a tiny thing with the year that sticks on your license plate. I told the DMV lady, "This will get stolen! there is no way to track that it is mine! Why don't they make them to go inside the car window!?!?!" Everyone here acts like I'm weird and assures me that no one ever steals them here. I don't get it.

Texas did just announce they are combining the two stickers into one. I remember when my aunt used to razor blade the crap out of her sticker every year so it wouldn't get stolen.

Old 06-24-2014, 01:24 AM

1,940 posts, read 3,564,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaBlue View Post
Seeing this post made me look that article up. I'm still confused. I get mind done in the same month always to avoid well this one needs renewing here and there. I just do both on the same day and be done.

Both of mine expire 2/2015 so WTF does that mean with this?
I used to always get 13 months out of my inspection sticker by waiting two days into the next month before getting it done. If you go the 1st of the next month they will use up their old stickers from the month yours expired, once those are gone they switch to the next month.

Old 06-24-2014, 04:26 AM

4,287 posts, read 8,029,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timtemtym View Post
I used to always get 13 months out of my inspection sticker by waiting two days into the next month before getting it done. If you go the 1st of the next month they will use up their old stickers from the month yours expired, once those are gone they switch to the next month.
I usually get 14-18 months out of my inspection stickers. Government ain't gonna get any money from me if I can help it.

Old 06-24-2014, 07:37 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,954,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmantx512 View Post

Yeah I heard about this too. I like it. Its easy to get a registration and steal someone else's inspection. Now what are they going to do?

Old 06-24-2014, 04:38 PM

2,052 posts, read 5,872,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timtemtym View Post
I do that too. I got about two years of "free" inspections by going over a month or so every year on my 87 Mustang for about 24 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
Yeah I heard about this too. I like it. Its easy to get a registration and steal someone else's inspection. Now what are they going to do?
They could steal the registration sticker, but if anyone looks at it closely, the plate number on the registartion sticker will not match the car, nor will the VIN number digits they print on it.

Old 06-24-2014, 04:51 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,954,148 times
Exactly. If you get pulled over, then you're done. Class B misdemeanor and going to jail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: