Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 03:38 PM

38 posts, read 110,474 times

Advertisements

Anybody live here? Thoughts on the subdivision?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2014, 10:10 AM

Someone left me an informative reputation remark about this community compared to Weston Lakes. I don't even know what/where Weston Lakes is. As I can't respond to or see who sent the remark, can you post in the thread with more information? Is Weston Lakes in the South Katy Area? Are there acre + lots in Weston Lakes like in Fulbrook?

Old 07-02-2014, 10:14 AM

2,165 posts, read 3,773,570 times
Weston Lakes is further out 1093 from Fulshear Creek. You live there and you have to pay HOA dues, Country Club dues, and other fees. Not worth it in my opinion.

I have some friends that live in Fulshear Creek and it is a nice neighborhood. Quiet atmosphere for now but there are tons more homes scheduled to be built out there.

HOA is high for what you get in my opinion.

Old 07-02-2014, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL_PWR View Post
Weston Lakes is further out 1093 from Fulshear Creek. You live there and you have to pay HOA dues, Country Club dues, and other fees. Not worth it in my opinion.

I have some friends that live in Fulshear Creek and it is a nice neighborhood. Quiet atmosphere for now but there are tons more homes scheduled to be built out there.

HOA is high for what you get in my opinion.
Do they have more amenities? Fulbrook just has the one pool. My wife is hooked on the 11 million pools in Cinco.

Do you know why Fulbrook changed its name from Fulshear Creek?

Old 07-02-2014, 10:30 AM

2,165 posts, read 3,773,570 times
I am not sure on the amenities of Weston. We looked there but didn't want to pay Country Club fees which are mandatory.

Fulshear Creek changed it's name to Fulbrook to be part of the new development. This added more builders to Fulshear Creek and puts plans in place for future expansion.

Old 07-02-2014, 11:59 AM

4,244 posts, read 8,761,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRamon View Post
Someone left me an informative reputation remark about this community compared to Weston Lakes. I don't even know what/where Weston Lakes is. As I can't respond to or see who sent the remark, can you post in the thread with more information? Is Weston Lakes in the South Katy Area? Are there acre + lots in Weston Lakes like in Fulbrook?
Why in the world would someone take time to reply via rep, why not post on the thread?

Old 07-02-2014, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc619 View Post
Why in the world would someone take time to reply via rep, why not post on the thread?
no idea. maybe they want to remain anonymous.

Old 07-03-2014, 10:22 AM

16 posts, read 26,526 times
To clear things up there are two separate communities owned by the same developers...

Fulbrook on Fulshear Creek (formerly Fulshear Creek Crossing) - Fulbrook on Fulshear Creek | New Homes in Fulshear, TX | Katy Homes
80'-100' builder owned lots. some smaller lots scheduled to be built in future sections.
We live in this neighborhood and love it. Great place for a family. There is currently a club house, children's playground, small gym, and one pool with a splashpad being added on this year. When the community is built out, there will be an additional club house, pool, sports facilities (I think tennis courts)

Fulbrook
Fulshear Acreage Lots for Sale | Acre Lots TX | Custom Estate Homes TX
Acreage lots with custom builders. Empty Lots are currently for sale from $100-$500k

Weston Lakes is further west of both Fulbrook and Fulbrook on Fulshear Creek. You can PM me if you have any detailed specific questions. I am an active realtor in the area.

Old 07-03-2014, 10:41 AM

137 posts, read 217,793 times
Swanchez pegged it. A bit more info...

Fulbrook and Weston Lakes are custom homes. Last I checked, Fulbrook requires you to use one of 5 builders. Weston Lakes allows you to use any builder (as long as you meet their building parameters).

Fulbrook does not have fire hydrants. Do your homework regarding insurance.

Weston Lakes incorporated as a (gated) city in 2008. Yes, there is a mandatory monthly country club social fee. But, taxes are very low (no city tax).

Insurance and taxes are often the overlooked components of home expense.

Old 07-03-2014, 11:24 AM

Which neighborhood are the two below houses in? These are the neighborhoods we've been watching/riding through. I was under the impression that it was all Fulbrook.

5027 Woodshore Ln, Fulshear, TX 77441 - HAR.com

5234 Harris Woods Trace, Fulshear, TX 77441 - HAR.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: