Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 09:18 AM

2,465 posts, read 5,790,084 times

Advertisements

Internet went down Monday and still not fixed. I had to call twice and be put on hold for 45 minutes each time to get to talk to L2 support. Just to tell me it doesn't work and they will send someone to fix it. WoW

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipbalm View Post
Lol, what happened? I hate to say I told you so but I told ya so. I was not lying about entouch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2015, 08:45 PM

The enTouch support is HORRIBLE, AGAIN. Put in a ticket Monday and they said next day (Tuesday) a tech will be there. We WiLL call you to confirm. Next day no tech. I called enTouch main number again and they say, oooOOOOO, you have to call the local support Houston number to schedule your appointment, we're in Atlanta help desk taking calls and being MORONS. Here is the Houston number. I say, shouldn't you call the local Houston office and setup the appointment? Blank stare

Wednesday after I lost one day, I call the Houston local number. oOOOOO, we find not ticket for your address, please call the main number to set an appointment and schedule with us. I say, well I did that Monday. They say, well we don't have that ticket in the system. Can't help you. Gotta go trough main number.

Call the main number again and I ask to escalate with a WTF attitude. I get another ticket recorded and escalated to the Houston office. Finally a ticket in the record for local Houston tech support.

I call the local Houston tech support and ask when you can come over. They say Thursday but someone have to be home or we charge $60 if we have to go in the house and fix it. WTF? Their fiber modem is OUTSIDE and the cat6 cable goes from their modem from outside to the inside off my house. If they COULD fix the Internet to the OUTSIDE point it should be OK. MORONS. Common sense? Engineers? Education? eFFFF

I don't gamble and I say ok, I need to be home for you IDIOTS to fix this crap, so the soonest they can come is Saturday.

You know in light if this, the SYSTEM is really broken, not just enTouch but Corporate America. We got really fat and stupid. I am so sick of this sh*te.

Old 07-23-2015, 07:29 AM

64 posts, read 82,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanw View Post
I am sick and tired of paying $75/month for 15Megs from Comcast.
I pay $45/mo for 50Mbps from Comcast...

Old 07-24-2015, 08:46 AM

28 posts, read 35,395 times
I never understood the resentment towards Xfinity or Comcast.. I have had them for TV/Phone/Internet for 10+ years. And yes the service has gone down a number of times but that has been far and in between. For the most part the service is great. Often we go 6+ months maybe 1YR+ without any outage in service.
As for customer service I agree that if you have to have a rep come to your house they give a service window of the whole day which isn't practical but again, that rarely happens.

Old 07-24-2015, 08:58 AM

40 posts, read 58,196 times
Always had very bad experience with Comcast. Just moved to Riverstone so giving Entouch a try.
Atleast had 4 bad experiences with Comcast.

1. I called comcast when i moved to Houston and on phone they gave me a promotional offer. When I received my first bill it was almost twice that amount. When i complained they told me they never gave me that promotional offer.

2. Second time I moved to another apartment, i signed up for promotional offer for TV plus internet bundle for 49.99 for 1st year, they confirmed certain channels were included in the bundle. After installation, a certain channel was not in the bundle, when i complained and told them i wanted to go back to internet only offer for 1st year for 39.99 the next day, they told me that it was for only New CUSTOMERS....and I am an existing customer after 1 day....so my rate would be 59.99 if i want internet only...

3. Experienced various internet speed issues with them......which they were never able to fix....it woudl work for few days....and then speed would drop again..

4. Now finally when i called to cancel comcast as i was moving to riverstone and wanted to try Entouch......it took forever on the phone to cancel my internet..

At this point, i think anything would be better than comcast nightmares.....

Old 07-25-2015, 11:47 AM

465 posts, read 613,412 times
We just moved to an area that has very limited internet phone providers. We always had direct tv and we LOVED verizion fios. Well we had two choice here where we live. Consolidated or comcast. We took the lesser evil and went with comcast for internet. The first month was awful. Original tech who came out did half the job. promised we got best modem and will get signal two houses over on each side. We were suppose to get a free box with free HBO. Forgot to leave the box but they put it in their system we HAD the box. Our internet worked ONLY if you stood in front of modem. Seriously I could only download a book on kindle if I stood near the modem. Upstairs NO signal. Took many phone calls to get box sent to us and the other one scrubbed from system. They sent us a new modem saying better than what we got from tech (which contradicted tech saying we were getting best one).

wifi a little better but still very weak upstairs and would drop several times a day. Eventually find out we can't have direct tv unless we want a cable running along side our house so we were backed into corner to go with comcast.

We pick up equipment from comcast and set it up. NO signal. New tech comes out and it was night and day from first guy. This guy was awesome! He figured out the first guy did not do a complete job. He then went around our house trying to figure out why HE was having a problem with the signal. He did speed tests all over. He determined we needed to move our modem the wall was interfering with the signal.

He was right. He moved it upstairs and since this guy left over a week ago. We have had ZERO issues. I also have to say I love the x1 platform with xfinity. the new voice remote is pretty cool. Definitely an improvement from direct tv. And we were fans of direct tv, but I have to admit I am loving xfinity x1 better. Also should add my parents had comcast and we were living with them and hated it, they had old comcast dvr equipment and it was slow so we were surprised when we signed up and got this new equipment that is nothing like we experienced at my parents.

I will also add it is frustrating dealing with comcast via phone. Some are very nice others are rude and frankly not very smart. I called them yesterday since we got first bill that had cable on it and of course it was HUGE. I asked them if we were charged for two techs (partially yes) and if we can get credit for the couple of weeks we had NO cable waiting for tech appt. They did credit us and gave me NO problems for that. They credited for the payment we made for first tech for internet and they credited for no tv signal. About $80 off of bill.

Old 09-24-2015, 07:11 PM

So the gigabit EnTouch service seems to be very very flaky. They had an outage (24h) 2 days ago in Riverstone and after that the fiber performance took a significant hit. I am now only getting 120 down and 20 up. That's unacceptable for fiber gigabit service. I have a tech appointment next Friday . I am getting a bit tired of EnTouch inconsistent service and response.

Coog05 what's the speed in your end? Or any other Riverstone folks with fiber, what's your speed test?

Old 09-25-2015, 11:33 AM

34 posts, read 56,892 times
I had Entouch Gig internet for 15 days. Had to cancel and switched to Comcast. Speeds were amazing to start, but after 4-5 days, it got slower and slower (tested at same time everyday for 13 days straight til i cancelled. ended up only getting 60 down and 25 up. My Comcast speeds are at 120 down and 25 up, and paying less for internet vs the gigabit service.

Old 10-06-2015, 12:21 PM

2 posts, read 3,033 times
I subscribed to the Entouch Gigabit service initially and was getting 800-900Mbps up and down, but as more people have moved into the Riverstone community lately, I'm only seeing a fraction of that.

I downgraded to 300Mbps a few months ago, but lately my internet speeds have been way lower than my 300Mbps subscription. I get around 150Mbps download and 60Mbps upload on a good day during non peak hours.

This is an unacceptable degradation to my speeds, especially since the 300Mbps tier is fairly expensive at around $120/mo. I see that comcast now offers upto 2Gbps, and their 150Mbps service is available for $50/month (12mo promo & $78/mo after).

If Entouch can't deliver on the advertised speeds, I see no reason to continue with the service.

Old 10-06-2015, 12:44 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,093,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellosri View Post
I subscribed to the Entouch Gigabit service initially and was getting 800-900Mbps up and down, but as more people have moved into the Riverstone community lately, I'm only seeing a fraction of that.

I downgraded to 300Mbps a few months ago, but lately my internet speeds have been way lower than my 300Mbps subscription. I get around 150Mbps download and 60Mbps upload on a good day during non peak hours.

This is an unacceptable degradation to my speeds, especially since the 300Mbps tier is fairly expensive at around $120/mo. I see that comcast now offers upto 2Gbps, and their 150Mbps service is available for $50/month (12mo promo & $78/mo after).

If Entouch can't deliver on the advertised speeds, I see no reason to continue with the service.
Woah... is that everywhere, or just Riverstone? I need to look into that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston