Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2014, 01:56 PM

29 posts, read 48,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htown2013 View Post
Long Meadow Farms showing its age?? How old is it? Do you think these areas will decline and go downhill over time? IMO, most of First Colony and New Territory 'aged' nicely. I don't see any decline there.
I agree that First Colony and New Territory has aged nicely. When driving through Winston Ranch Pkwy in LMF, it just seemed like some areas were not maintained well but that was just my observation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2014, 01:56 PM

308 posts, read 499,124 times
What do you guys think about the new Trace at Long Meadow Farms (behind Santiko Palladium theater)? It seems to a nice area with nice homes around $250k - $400k+up. Do you think it will it hold up/maintain value in the future? Will it make a difference since it is on the other side of grand pkwy 99 than the original long meadow farms?

Old 10-21-2014, 11:26 AM

79 posts, read 253,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK123 View Post
What are those? All I remember seeing driving by there was a sand/gravel place. Most of the rest looked like someone's private property/ranchland.

I know apartments are usually unwelcome. But the commercial infusion is usually a good thing (for convenience).

Agreed.
Mainly the stuff after Clodine road. There's a a bunch of junkyard/scrap/auto shops and secluded small homes along Wesr Bellfort. It used to be a dead end years ago, so that's why they are there. I'm thinking years from now, hopefully it turns to more established convenient corner stores like CVS or Walgreens. It's opened up and the traffic counters pop up every once in a while. Lots of graffiti occurred along those businesses.

Apartments are the only thing with LMF really. But that's only because of the negative auora around apartments in general. Could be ok. Look at first colony mall area. I will say that I don't like the material being used for the exterior of the apartments. Looks cheap.

Commercial infusion is good in my book. It'll be a selling point to increase property value. However, it has to be retailers with "reputable" perception. I think the people are great. Palladiun is holding up well.

Old 10-21-2014, 11:52 AM

2,188 posts, read 3,217,718 times
there's no city inspections in those areas off 99, 1464 so be mindful as if you are building a house only inspectors around are county and builder's inspector...

you build in a city, the city inspector comes out to look for different things

There was a sad story about how Mission Bend built everything to Houston standards but was left standing at the alter...now they're left with crumbling infrastructure...that could be alot of areas off 99 in the future once Sugar Land takes what they want

Old 10-21-2014, 11:56 AM

1,179 posts, read 1,915,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbcu View Post
there's no city inspections in those areas off 99, 1464 so be mindful as if you are building a house only inspectors around are county and builder's inspector...

you build in a city, the city inspector comes out to look for different things

There was a sad story about how Mission Bend built everything to Houston standards but was left standing at the alter...now they're left with crumbling infrastructure...that could be alot of areas off 99 in the future once Sugar Land takes what they want
Sugar Land doesn't have a claim to anything along 99 once you get north of 90A. That belongs mostly to Houston's ETJ, and some portions to Richmond's ETJ. There are even a few areas claimed by neither city's ETJ (so far).

Houston ETJ, which reaches as far west as FM 359...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston