Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 09:23 PM

115 posts, read 147,127 times

Advertisements

I like Hotel Icon for this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2014, 08:52 AM

847 posts, read 1,751,579 times
i know it's not "Houston". but The Woodlands has just that..... (i'm sure i'll get flamed for this because it's not "inner loop" coolness.

-you can stay at The Woodlands Waterway Marriott or The Hyatt Market Street
-you can go to Waterway Square for drinks (Baker St, The Refuge, Bar Louie, Gooses Acre, Crush wine lounge ) all within one block. (Hop Scholar for a better tap list but you will need to take a cab because it's on Rayford Rd.)
-you can dine at Yucatan Taco, Grimaldis pizza, Americas, Burger Fi, Kona grill, Hubbel and Hudson, Kim Son, Kita Sushi
also nearby restaruants (slightly farther walking distane) Cheescake Factory, Mi Cocina, Brio Tuscan Grille, PF Changs, FLemings, Uni Sushi, 1252 Tapas, Schillecis New Orleans Kitchen
-for shopping you have The Woodlands mall and Market Street
-if some of the people in your group want a different form of entertainment they can catch a movie at Cinemark Tinseltown or a concert at Cynthia Woods Mitchel Pavilion (if there is a show during their stay)
-there is also the Waterway boat cruise if your'e into that kind of stuff.

and a for short cab ride away, there are plenty of other restaurants along I-45. (even though theyre chain restaurants)

Old 08-19-2014, 10:13 AM

2 posts, read 1,757 times
Thank you for all the suggestions and information. I will look at some of what was posted and possibly make a trip down in the near future to check it out.
It is a group of co-workers (ages from 20's-60) that we will have a couple of things planned for the daytime and a dinner in the early evening, with most of the 20's-40's wanting something close to do after. Usually partying and drinking of somekind. Most will go out in small groups and find a bar of some sort. Piano bar is always kinda fun for the group no matter the ages.

Old 08-19-2014, 11:45 AM

785 posts, read 1,234,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okiet View Post
Thank you for all the suggestions and information. I will look at some of what was posted and possibly make a trip down in the near future to check it out.
It is a group of co-workers (ages from 20's-60) that we will have a couple of things planned for the daytime and a dinner in the early evening, with most of the 20's-40's wanting something close to do after. Usually partying and drinking of somekind. Most will go out in small groups and find a bar of some sort. Piano bar is always kinda fun for the group no matter the ages.
I see. With that age range, I wouldn't recommend being close to Midtown then.

You can still go with the original recommendation of Hotel Icon near Market Square, or you might also consider staying at one of the hotels (Hilton Americas, Four Seasons, or Embassy) in the Convention District near Discovery Green. It's not as lively as the bar scene in Market Square, but House of Blues and Pete's Dueling Piano Bar are in walking distance as well as Reserve 101 and Lucky Strike Bowling. There's also a couple of upscale steakhouses (III Forks or Vic & Anthony's) nearby that your coworkers might enjoy.

And of course, Market Square is still only a $6 cab ride away for the younger ones who want to see and be seen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston