Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 01:50 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,984,276 times

Advertisements

They are all call Avalon. THe Telfair Avalon is the newest and go to Colony Meadows Elementary. The other ones go to Commonwealth when they accept students again.

There are lot of houses available in First Colony. You can look in Sweetwater, Austin Park, Lakes of Austin Park, etc.

Also, I think you will found more Indians in First Colony then Telfair. Big reason imo is the school is not perceived to be as top notch as the First Colony side with Clements > Dulles.

Like I said, some of the folks get cultural shock when they drive down to Sugar Land and see how ethnic the neighborhood is. Of course, this is probably the number 1 reason all the schools there are ranked so highly also. I think is the Asian culture more than the school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2014, 01:53 PM

155 posts, read 267,676 times
Demographics say 35-40 % Asian . Its a nice mix. If it was 99 % then I would be worried

Old 09-12-2014, 08:42 AM

5,429 posts, read 14,841,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonsuburbs View Post
Riverstone Vs Avalon Vs Telfair

I know this has probably been discussed in different threads. A friend is moving to Sugarland and wants to know which one to pick . Of of top of my head i would recommend Avalon and Telfair Avalon . Anyone from Sugarland have any other opinions or are they all the same.Their budjet is 400 - 500K and they have 3 Elementary age kids .
Avalon>Telfair>>>Riverstone

But because it's a seller's market here, I wouldn't limit yourself to only those.
And be aware with Riverstone there are no new enrollments in the elementary school right now... they have to go elsewhere until a new one is built.

Old 09-12-2014, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Failed Engineer View Post
Imperial schools are crap, at least compared to the usual suspect Sugar Land MPCs
Major exaggeration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipuck View Post
The HS in Telfair is so-so. Same for the one in Riverstone.
Word from the school district is they want to rezone Telfair (the Cornerstone Elementary zone) to Austin High. That's because the Imperial development is expected to add more kids to Kempner High, and to clean up the feeder pattern some.

Old 09-12-2014, 08:49 AM

Quote:
This is a reputation comment I received "residents of Telfair call it Patelfair. It's a predominately Indian neighborhood if that helps any."
I don't know why the same person keeps putting this anonymous comment in people's rep with every thread regarding Sugar Land/Telfair. Apparently they're too embarrassed to express their feelings on this publicly.

I don't live in Telfair but do live near it, and have never heard that "patelfair" reference except here on C-D. We have a few good friends in there; one is a mixed race white-Asian couple, the other is a white couple, and they have never mentioned anything like this.

Old 09-12-2014, 12:21 PM

155 posts, read 267,676 times
The fact that it had to be an anonymous comment instead of out here for everyone itself says something. I just ignore !

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK123 View Post
I don't know why the same person keeps putting this anonymous comment in people's rep with every thread regarding Sugar Land/Telfair. Apparently they're too embarrassed to express their feelings on this publicly.

I don't live in Telfair but do live near it, and have never heard that "patelfair" reference except here on C-D. We have a few good friends in there; one is a mixed race white-Asian couple, the other is a white couple, and they have never mentioned anything like this.

Old 09-12-2014, 01:01 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,984,276 times
Quote:
The fact that it had to be an anonymous comment instead of out here for everyone itself says something. I just ignore !
The neighborhoods in Sugar Land also have drastic changes the last 10 years. What used to be white dominated is now 50/50 or even Asian majority. You see more and more white families moving to Telfair or other areas. Some of my Asian friends living in First Colony tell me they get the feeling some of their former white neighbors moved out due to all the Asian families moving in. The white families would never say it out loud, but you see a pattern when the street gradually changed.

Old 02-25-2015, 10:24 AM

9,519 posts, read 14,743,972 times
Could someone tell me in what area is Spanish Grant Drive located?

Old 02-25-2015, 11:26 AM

676 posts, read 931,671 times
I think that is part of Townewest. Not the greatest of areas.

Old 02-25-2015, 11:46 AM

17,183 posts, read 22,913,302 times
Not sure what area, but it is near the Shirdi Sai Jalaram Mandir Temple. The boundaries I can see are W. Airport Blvd, Burney Road, W. Bellfort Ave. and Eldridge Road. There is a park called Eldridge Park nearby. My thought would be that it is in either Eldridge Park Village or Eldridge Lake, but I can't see the Spanish Grant Drive on my map of the neighborhoods.

Depending on which direction from Bellfort you go, it could be in the Towne West subdivision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston