Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 09:45 AM

72 posts, read 339,991 times

Advertisements

Does anyone knows the route taken for the road test in Rosenberg? My daughter is scheduled for the test on Friday. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:51 AM

3,333 posts, read 9,171,487 times
From instructor to instructor it differs.

Ronnie

Old 10-17-2012, 11:00 AM

430 posts, read 1,256,476 times
Ronnie is probably right, but I've had two kids take the driving test (a year and a half apart) at the Rosenberg location and the route was identical, even though the testers were different. Probably just a coincidence, but I kind of think they are so overwhelmed at that DPS that they keep the routes pretty short and simple.

Anyway, here is how it went with both kids:

1) Demonstrate to the tester that you know the location of your turn indicators, windshield wipers, emergency blinkers, lights (including brights), etc.

2) Show them you can parallel park.

3) The driving route: They made a right out of the DPS onto Avenue N, then another right onto Old Creek Drive, then another right onto Rockwood (which turns into Green Gate), yet another right onto Reading, and finally another right onto BF Terry Blvd/FM2218 which brought them back to the DPS. There were no left turns at all, but I'd practice them anyway because, as Ronnie said, some instructors probably take a different route.

Best idea is to have your daughter drive around the general area to become familiar with it, just to be on the safe side. Good luck!

Old 10-17-2012, 08:38 PM

Thanks so much!!!

Old 12-20-2012, 12:29 PM

1 posts, read 51,162 times
Exclamation How is the Rosenberg Drive Test? Hard? Easy?

I'm taking my drive test next Thursday at the DPS in Rosenberg and I'm really nervous about taking it because I failed my first one for apparently speeding (went 32 in a 30). And I really need my license or I have no way to get to college in January. Has anyone taken it or had family or friends that have taken it? Was it easy? Were they strict?

Old 12-20-2012, 12:39 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,809,581 times
My son, who isn't the best driver, passed it the first time around. He said it was way easy and it seemed like he was gone only 5 min. or so. Good Luck!

Old 12-20-2012, 12:40 PM

My daughters took it in October and they found it to be fairly easy as I made them practice just about every day. I took them to the DPS location in Rosenberg and made them practice parallel parking over and over in both spots. You can only do this after 5pm when the DPS is closed AND you usually have to wait as there are others who are practicing too. Bear in mind that it gets dark quickly too. I even took them the morning of the test at 5am to get some more practice. Both of them passed and felt quite at ease with the lady that took them. I would advise you to practice, practice and practice if you can. I asked this very question back in September or October and a very nice lady on this forum gave posted the route they will take and I had the grils practice that route. One of my girls has what I call a hot foot - she made it a point to pay attention to her speed. Good Luck!!

Last edited by Dewailer; 12-20-2012 at 12:42 PM.. Reason: Added more details.

Old 12-20-2012, 12:49 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,942,903 times
FYI, the DPS just opened a new DPS Megacenter in the shopping center at US 59 and Hwy 36. I believe they have closed the location on 2218 across from Terry High School. The new Megacenter has much more parking, is easier to access and allows for online check-in.

Old 03-25-2013, 07:24 PM

4 posts, read 70,369 times
Default Road test route new rosenberg mega center

Hi,

I have a test in the new rosenberg mega center at 28000 Southwest Fwy, Rosenberg, TX. I am aware of the test route for the old location but what is it for the new one? There is no neighbourhood nearby they could take us.

Also, is the test easy there or is the staff rude/inconsiderate like everywhere else?

Old 03-26-2013, 01:02 PM

24 posts, read 100,107 times
Hi,

I had my road test at the Rosenberg mega center last month.

They check your car first for brakes, indicators, horn, insurance, etc
Then they ask you to parallel park between two poles in a designated area at the back of the center. You can go during the weekend or before (early morning) / after DPS office hours to practice there. You may have to wait in line to do that since there are many people waiting there to practice. I practiced there on a Sunday and it was very easy to do it.

If you do that right, then you go out through the back gate, take a left on Rice St (Google Maps says it is Rice St though I do not remember the exact name!), then right on 1st Street, another right on Mons Ave, then a few right/left turns in that residential neighborhood and then come back to Mons Ave, then left on 1st street and back to the center. You can check on Google maps to see which roads I am talking about.

You have to make sure that you use the middle lane before turning left, especially in Mons ave where the markings and lines on the road are barely visible! Also make sure that you make a full Stop at the Stop sign and no rolling stop!

The staff are nice but kind of very strict. It is a new center. They fail people a lot and then pass them the 3rd or 4th time! At least that's what I heard from a few people I met there and also from my experience.

I had to do it twice before getting my license! First time I did not use the middle lane for turning left and the second time I drove 35 in a 40 speed limit road. The stretch from Mons Ave back to the Mega center is very small and it is a 40 speed limit road! As a matter of fact, my driving skills did not improve much since I gave my test back to back from Monday to Wednesday!!

It was very crowded on a Monday, there was a huge line of cars for the road test. But Tuesday and Wednesday was a different story, there was hardly anyone there to take the test and I felt maybe that is why they fail people a lot just so they have a certain number of road tests done every day!

Good luck for your road test.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston