Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2014, 10:38 PM

1 posts, read 643 times

Advertisements

Hi y'all,
I have a question about some land my dad has. It's on Creighton Rd Conroe, TX. It's 3 acres and my sister has a home on one end and my dad has a shop and a mobile on the other end. I would like to clear some land and buy a nice mobile and place it in the middle... My question is, how many homes can one have in 3 acres of land? Someone told me it is 1 home per acre and a half? Is that true? Are they referring to residential type homes? Or, is it as long as they are mobiles it doesn't matter? Please help with this question. I'm confused.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2014, 01:42 AM

200 posts, read 295,836 times
from the article quoted "More and more, communities are requiring large minimum lot sizes in restricted residential districts and many are imposing minimum area requirements for dwellings despite the somewhat questionable legality of such measures. Especially in suburban communities bordering large metropolitan centers, the desire to preserve some of the assets of semi-rural living such as adequate space, low density and rambling buildings, has led to the incorporation of provisions such as these in zoning ordinances, building and housing codes and subdivision regulations. Ordinances requiring minimum lot sizes of one-half acre or more per family or ordinances requiring minimum building floor areas of 1,000 square feet or more are no longer uncommon."

https://www.planning.org/pas/at60/report37.htm

scroll to the very bottom for the article summary.

from skimming it seems like this is more a zoning issue. if the land isn't inside any city borders I don't think you'd have any issues. even then it might depend on how rural the city is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: