Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2014, 06:41 PM

1 posts, read 1,163 times

Advertisements

This may be an odd request but does any one know of a good Chinese take out similar to one in the UK? I have moved here to houston from Scotland and really miss our local one at home. I know the menu is not authentic Chinese food but if anyone would know of anything similar. Here is what the menu was like.

Fantasy Wok Menu

I'd be greatful of any recommendations

Old 10-14-2014, 07:48 PM

702 posts, read 1,236,654 times
Unless another poster moved here from the same area as you, I doubt anyone here is going to know. Just go out and try the different restaurants around your area or in Bellaire to find one you like.

If you gave us your general location (Sugarland, Jersey Village, Clear Lake, etc) maybe some people who live in that area could give you suggestions.

Speaking of which, anyone know a good place around 249/Louetta?

Old 10-14-2014, 09:20 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,984,752 times
That UK restaurant add a lot of chili in their regular dishes. Most Chinese food beside Sichuan generally are not that spicy and don't use chili. You are probably better off going to a Malay or spicy chinese restaurant for a comparable menu of items.

Bellaire area
Spicy Sichuan
Banana Leaf

For chinese food in 249/louretta, there is none that I would call "chinese" food. Go eat vietnamese noodles instead. Try the Pho An 2 by 249 and 1960. Another one i want to mention is I found the Shogun Japanese Grill in Vintage Park is surprisingly affordable and actually decent.

Old 10-14-2014, 09:41 PM

That UK restaurant looks like a Thai restaurant with some Chinese food. If you want good Thai food, go to Thai Gourmet.

There's a Vietnamese noodle place off that location in front of Home Depot which isn't good. I'll give the places you mention a shot. Actually, just read the yelp reviews on Shogun and I'm not too sure if I want to try it out anymore, lol.

Old 10-14-2014, 09:56 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,984,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huma281 View Post
That UK restaurant looks like a Thai restaurant with some Chinese food. If you want good Thai food, go to Thai Gourmet.

There's a Vietnamese noodle place off that location in front of Home Depot which isn't good. I'll give the places you mention a shot. Actually, just read the yelp reviews on Shogun and I'm not too sure if I want to try it out anymore, lol.
For asian food by 249/Louretta, beggars can't be choosers. That is why i even mention the Shogun place. I take my kid there for the show and is the cheapest hibachi place i ever been to. Plus they actually use decent seafood and meat.

The noodle place by Home Depot is no good. If you venture further out on 1960, there is Pho An by Jones road i like. Go to the other side side by Veterans Memorial/1960 there are some decent viet food by the honk kong supermarket.

Old 10-14-2014, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipuck View Post
For asian food by 249/Louretta, beggars can't be choosers. That is why i even mention the Shogun place. I take my kid there for the show and is the cheapest hibachi place i ever been to. Plus they actually use decent seafood and meat.

The noodle place by Home Depot is no good. If you venture further out on 1960, there is Pho An by Jones road i like. Go to the other side side by Veterans Memorial/1960 there are some decent viet food by the honk kong supermarket.
The reviews on Pho An 2 look to be pretty good. What do you recommend? I'll go try it out tomorrow. If it's good, I'll probably go once a week.

Old 10-14-2014, 11:02 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,925,220 times
Try yelp.com for restaurant reviews. As you are looking for the Scottish version of Chinese food. Heed others advice and try it around.....closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: