U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 06:09 PM

42,605 posts, read 23,606,645 times

Advertisements

CSN Houston headache could be reaching its end

Since I have Comcast, I am one of the 60% of the area who could get the programming.

While it sucked for it not to be available to everyone, the programming I thought was well done. So I will miss that.

They had a post game shows after the Texans games with locker room interviews, Rockets and Astros received plenty of coverage - even the Dynamo had extensive coverage.

The Dynamos are the big losers from a team standpoint since they most likely will not receive the same exposure from a different company.

So there's a good chance that Root Sports (Direct TV & AT&T) will take over the station.

Looks like a lot will be changing within the next week or two as judges has not ruled favorably in Comcast's favor.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2014, 09:03 PM

So I guess today was Bill Doleman's last broadcast on the Rockets' pregame/post game show - and Calvin Murphy will be going solo on Friday night.

Both got emotional as they became good friends - and I totally forgot that this was Murphy's return after his family issues a few year's ago - so Doleman was probably his security blanket for awhile.

Good broadcast.

Old 10-22-2014, 10:04 PM

Part of the list...

Most employees who will be retained for Root Sports Houston are employed in game production. Also retained will be Rockets broadcasters Bill Worrell, Matt Bullard and Calvin Murphy; Astros field reporter Julia Morales; and sportscasters Bart Enis and Kevin Eschenfelder.

Astros announcers Bill Brown, Alan Ashby and Geoff Blum and Rockets analyst Clyde Drexler are team employees and are not affected.

Among those whose contracts are not being retained by AT&T/DirecTV, according to court documents, include reporters and anchors Tiffany Blackmon, Steve Bunin, Howard Chen, Bill Doleman, Sara Eckert, Cory Hepola, Kelli Johnson, John Kelly, James Palmer, Marius Payton, Leila Rahimi and Sebastian Salazar.

75 Losing Jobs At CSN Houston

Old 10-22-2014, 10:21 PM

40 posts, read 47,359 times
You mean that you are part of the 40% who could watch the games. I have directv and could not. I sure hope this goes through. They return to court Tuesday so it doesn't look like the new channel will be up and running for the Rockets game on opening night.

Old 10-22-2014, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlady1 View Post
You mean that you are part of the 40% who could watch the games. I have directv and could not. I sure hope this goes through. They return to court Tuesday so it doesn't look like the new channel will be up and running for the Rockets game on opening night.
Rockets are on TNT for opening night. The question is regarding game #2,

Old 10-23-2014, 12:56 AM

692 posts, read 1,131,992 times
Wow, didn't know Calvin Murphy is back. He is much better than Clyde Drexler as a commentator. Glad to have him back. Awesome, awesome, so Drexler is gone.

Old 10-23-2014, 01:11 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,314,359 times
I'm going to really miss Leila Rahimi. I met her at a Rockets game once. Should have acquired those digits.

Glad my Aunt got the hell out of CSN early before it was too late.

Old 10-23-2014, 02:06 AM

568 posts, read 860,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huma281 View Post
Wow, didn't know Calvin Murphy is back. He is much better than Clyde Drexler as a commentator. Glad to have him back. Awesome, awesome, so Drexler is gone.
Calvin Murphy only does half-time and postgame. Also Clyde is not going anywhere.

Old 10-23-2014, 02:17 AM

127 posts, read 113,588 times
I think Calvin works for the Rockets.

Old 10-23-2014, 09:56 AM

2,755 posts, read 3,520,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huma281 View Post
Clyde doesn't do road games.

He also just got a standard poodle puppy from Poodle Rescue.

https://www.facebook.com/Poodle.Resc...type=1&theater
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: