Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 03:16 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,662,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisw View Post
Is the ES 47 really going to be open in 2016 Fall ? I am not seeing any progress on the site ?
I have been wondering the same thing. They don't even have an official FBISD sign on the site yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2015, 10:03 AM

139 posts, read 155,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nisw View Post
Is the ES 47 really going to be open in 2016 Fall ? I am not seeing any progress on the site ?
Not sure how reliable this source is but construction is to start in May. Fort Bend ISD seeks CMAR for new elementary Virtual Builders Exchange

Old 01-26-2015, 07:41 AM

154 posts, read 196,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC_transplant_in_Houston View Post
Not sure how reliable this source is but construction is to start in May. Fort Bend ISD seeks CMAR for new elementary Virtual Builders Exchange
Thanks for the info .

Old 01-26-2015, 08:27 PM

137 posts, read 256,847 times
Hmm it looks like I'm too late "This page is currently unavailable."

Can anyone tell me how this affects Grand Mission Estates off of Mason & Beechnut?

Old 01-27-2015, 07:01 AM

118 posts, read 207,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldmco View Post
Hmm it looks like I'm too late "This page is currently unavailable."

Can anyone tell me how this affects Grand Mission Estates off of Mason & Beechnut?
I'm pretty sure that changes from Travis HS to Bush HS. I'm not completely certain I'm looking at the correct area, though. Check out the HS boundary maps:

http://www.fortbendisd.com/cms/lib09...011215/BHS.pdf

http://www.fortbendisd.com/cms/lib09...011215/THS.pdf

Old 01-27-2015, 07:19 AM

152 posts, read 169,634 times
What happened on the voting day ... I think it was scheduled for yesterday ?

Old 01-27-2015, 07:21 AM

2,047 posts, read 2,983,325 times
Looks like it was approved last night.

Anybody got details on any additional changes they made?

Fort Bend ISD approves controversial feeder patterns, academies plan | abc13.com

Old 01-27-2015, 07:35 AM

152 posts, read 169,634 times
what about middle and elementary schools ? Which places(communities ) are coming under ES 47 ? Did they take any decisions on the middle school for riverstone (not the Avalon at riverstone )? I am not biased towards ft settlement or first colony , but little curious to know about the result .

Old 01-27-2015, 08:24 AM

1,614 posts, read 2,662,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm24 View Post
what about middle and elementary schools ? Which places(communities ) are coming under es 47 ? Did they take any decisions on the middle school for riverstone (not the avalon at riverstone )? I am not biased towards ft settlement or first colony , but little curious to know about the result .
fsms

Old 01-27-2015, 10:34 AM

2,047 posts, read 2,983,325 times
Fort Bend ISD Board of Trustees Unanimously Adopts District-wide Feeder Pattern and Boundary Plan
Boundary changes will balance enrollment District-wide and allow for future growth

FORT BEND ISD – The Fort Bend ISD Board of Trustees unanimously voted to adopt a comprehensive District-wide Feeder Pattern and Boundary Plan during a regularly scheduled meeting on January 26, 2015. The FBISD administration developed the plan to balance enrollment and ease overcrowding in the fast-growing District, which is expected to gain an additional 6,500 students over the next five years and 11,640 students by 2025.

Due to growth in the northern and western regions of the District, the plan adopted Monday will shift high school enrollment toward the south and east. In addition to better aligning high school feeder patterns, the boundary changes approved Monday also create new attendance zones for Elementary Schools 46 and 47, which are scheduled to open in 2015 and 2016, respectively.

Monday’s Board action comes two years after the FBISD Board of Trustees began an aggressive effort to plan for the District’s future, beginning with a Jacobs Engineering study that assessed the condition and capacity of all FBISD facilities. The Board approved a Facilities Master Plan in April of 2014, and then created policy in August to guide the establishment of attendance boundaries.

Assisted by a nationally-recognized educational facility planning firm, DeJONG-RICHTER, Fort Bend ISD spent the fall of 2014 engaging with the community and taking public feedback into consideration, while also adhering to board policy and relying on enrollment projections in the decision-making process.

“Monday’s board action marks the first time Fort Bend ISD has taken such comprehensive measures to address growth District-wide,” said FBISD Superintendent of Schools Dr. Charles Dupre. “From the beginning, we have promised transparency and community involvement, and we are proud of what we have accomplished together. By proactively handling growth, we are now poised to continue on with our District’s mission of inspiring and equipping each student to pursue futures beyond their imagination.”

Changes approved Monday will go into effect during the 2015-2016 school year for students in elementary and middle schools, and additional boundary changes will take effect with the opening of Elementary School 47 in 2016. A resolution passed by the Board will allow most students entering grades five and eight to stay at their current campuses if they choose, though they will not be eligible for transportation.

Students entering grades 10, 11, and 12 will remain at their current campuses until they graduate. Students who are entering grade nine and have older siblings in grades 10-12 will be able to attend the same school as their sibling, with transportation provided until their older sibling graduates.

The FBISD administration considered only live-in enrollment and enrollment projections in the zoning process, excluding academic programs that are housed at five of the District’s high schools. Beginning in 2015-2016, two high school academies, the Global Studies Academy, currently at Clements High School, and the International Business and Marketing Academy, currently at Bush High School, will be relocated to Travis High School, which has more space to house the academic programs. Academy students entering grades 10-12 will complete their programs at their current campuses, while incoming ninth-graders will begin their academy studies at Travis High School.

The FBISD administration initially recommended moving the Engineering Academy from Elkins High School to Dulles High School, but after reconsidering enrollment projections, the Board amended the plan to keep the program at Elkins High School.

They also amended the plan to consolidate the entire Woodstream neighborhood in First Colony to attend Colony Meadows Elementary School and Fort Settlement Middle School.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston