Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 06:08 AM

4,244 posts, read 8,702,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoohMD View Post
I want to say this with all due respect. Any Riverstone parent who is willing to allow their children to attend First Colony Middle School is a bad parent in my opinion. If they rezone to First Colony Middle School, my kids are going to St. Johns.
You wouldn't happen to be that guy on the news passing out flyers? lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2014, 06:18 AM

1,614 posts, read 2,641,953 times
Quote:
I want to say this with all due respect. Any Riverstone parent who is willing to allow their children to attend First Colony Middle School is a bad parent in my opinion. If they rezone to First Colony Middle School, my kids are going to St. Johns.
Calling me a bad parent? Who the heck are you? You are the bad parent here. I can't even. I wouldn't even allow my 3 wonderful children to be friends with your kids. Go ahead. Send your kids private. Good riddance.

Old 10-28-2014, 06:21 AM

Quote:
This is an anonymous forum, so please do not try to ascertain anyone's identity.
ipuck is that you?

Old 10-28-2014, 06:26 AM

Quote:
No need to get personal. I just want all Riverstone parents including you, if you are a Riverstone parent, to understand the seriousness of this rezoning. Our children's future is at risk. Have you seen the news?

Community fighting Fort Bend ISD's school rezoning plan | abc13.com
You called me a bad parent. That is personal. I am at CWE almost every day and my kids are great students. I am involved. FCMS will not make or break my kids. If you think otherwise, you are wrong. Sorry.

And your class warfare is wrong too. Then again my house is only worth $600k, so I don't deserve FSMS.

Old 10-28-2014, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Well are you telling me $600K is the appraised or market value of your home? Because appraisal is usually at least $100K under market. If that is appraised value then you are really close to that $650K appraised value benchmark. We will bring the $650K proposition forward at the next meeting. In that case the $650K will be based on appraisal since that is the official metric. There is heavy support growing for a $650K proposition among many in Avalon in Riverstone 80s, the custom sections, olive hill, and silver grove. If you are in one of those sections please keep your eyes open for the circulating petitions.
Are you kidding me? You do not get it at all. At all. Public education is not based on the value of your home. Sorry. Do you only want my family because our home is worth a pretty penny? What if my family's home was worth $400k? Would you not want us then? My kids are still in the GT program, I am still a highly involved parent, my kids still make straight A's and are very involved in school activities, my husband still has a PhD, and I still have a master's degree. Would we not be good enough for you then?

This makes me sick.

Old 10-28-2014, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Imagine the day years from now. You will be walking on stage. It is the day of your kid's white coat ceremony at The Baylor College of Medicine. Imagine the immense feeling of joy you will feel draping your child with that white coat. That reality is very possible if your child goes to Fort Settlement Middle School

Imagine another reality. Years from now. You just bailed your child out of jail. He has committed a crime too hanus to speak of. That reality is very possible if your child goes to First Colony Middle School.

Dramatic much? And it is heinous. Not hanus. You clearly did not go to FSMS either.

I will admit, I want my kids to go to FSMS, but not for the reasons you are stating...it is closer to our homes and won't mess up our current feeder patterns (along with those of Colony Bend).

You still did not answer my question.

Old 10-28-2014, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Cool I misspelled a word. Spelling comes second to excellent care when I am saving the lives of my patients. You made my argument for me. You admit to being a Falcon. A Falcon soars over a Bobcat anyday.
Clearly my kids are doomed to a life in prison.

Old 10-28-2014, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Imagine the day years from now. You will be walking on stage. It is the day of your kid's white coat ceremony at The Baylor College of Medicine. Imagine the immense feeling of joy you will feel draping your child with that white coat. That reality is very possible if your child goes to Fort Settlement Middle School

Imagine another reality. Years from now. You just bailed your child out of jail. He/she has committed a crime too heinous to speak of. That reality is very possible if your child goes to First Colony Middle School.

This rezoning is more then just academics. I want the populus of Riverstone to learn the moral and ethics that will be bestowed upon them at Fort Settlement.
Ok that's it! I'm enrolling my kids into FSMS ASAP

Old 10-28-2014, 07:28 AM

9,273 posts, read 26,373,824 times
Yup, I'm sold. Yanking the boy out of Kinkaid pronto.

Old 10-28-2014, 09:21 AM

1,179 posts, read 1,897,923 times
Quote:
Please tell FBISD that you want FSMS over FCMS.
I prefer LCISD middle schools to FSMS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston