Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 10:05 AM

188 posts, read 349,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoohMD View Post
I want to say this with all due respect. Any Riverstone parent who is willing to allow their children to attend First Colony Middle School is a bad parent in my opinion. If they rezone to First Colony Middle School, my kids are going to St. Johns.
There you go. Problem solved. Simple, send them to St. Johns
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2014, 10:14 AM

188 posts, read 349,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoohMD View Post
Imagine the day years from now. You will be walking on stage. It is the day of your kid's white coat ceremony at The Baylor College of Medicine. Imagine the immense feeling of joy you will feel draping your child with that white coat. That reality is very possible if your child goes to Fort Settlement Middle School

Imagine another reality. Years from now. You just bailed your child out of jail. He/she has committed a crime too heinous to speak of. That reality is very possible if your child goes to First Colony Middle School.

This rezoning is more then just academics. I want the populus of Riverstone to learn the morals and ethics that will be bestowed upon them at Fort Settlement.
WOW, Really, is the difference between FCMS and FSMS is that stark.... I mean white coat ceremony Vs bail out of jail...

Old 10-28-2014, 11:13 AM

45,579 posts, read 27,172,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simscott View Post
I agree, so special ed children are only religated to 'lower' income families? Someone in a $600k house will never have a special ed child? That was one of the most ignorant statements I've read here.
You would be surprised how many people believe that.

Old 10-28-2014, 11:46 AM

676 posts, read 931,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly in sweet land View Post
WOW, Really, is the difference between FCMS and FSMS is that stark.... I mean white coat ceremony Vs bail out of jail...
No. The op just is elitist and does not want their kids around "common folk."

Old 10-28-2014, 12:38 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,983,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeme View Post
No. The op just is elitist and does not want their kids around "common folk."
No. I just don't want to be around future criminals and kids with parents who like to blame everybody but themselves. I am just not going to dance around the subject just to be PC.

Tavron can't read? Let's go protest. Nevermind the parents have never bought a book or read to Tavon once.

Shaniqua can't get a job? They just want to hold us down. Nevermind the fact she can't talk proper english and think 9-5 means i show up when i show up.

Now who's fault is that?

Last edited by ipuck; 10-28-2014 at 12:51 PM..

Old 10-28-2014, 01:02 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,759,365 times
Are there any Travons living in Riverstone? I thought Elkins HS had plenty of Travons

Old 10-28-2014, 01:24 PM

705 posts, read 1,259,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipuck View Post
Tavron can't read? Let's go protest. Nevermind the parents have never bought a book or read to Tavon once.

Shaniqua can't get a job? They just want to hold us down. Nevermind the fact she can't talk proper english and think 9-5 means i show up when i show up.

Now who's fault is that?
Wow..and I got called racist for not wanting my neighborhood to be on a Halloween trick or treating list!

There's a difference in not wanting to be PC and just being an elitist/racist. I thought it was bad in KISD with the continous bickering on which school is better but it seems FBISD has it's own storm brewing. Parents can look at test scores and school rankings all day long, but so what if your kid performs well academically? Wouldn't you rather a well rounded child? And just because your child goes to a high ranking school does not mean your child will be highly ranked, especially when they're going up with the best of best.

Also, I would check my proper English before I make fun of other people's proper English (grammar and spelling included).

Old 10-28-2014, 01:46 PM

5,847 posts, read 6,183,656 times
Smart, self motivated people value education and come from families that value it. They will usually succeed regardless of where they go to school because they will demand it from themselves. I am the product of public schools, up to, and including Undergrad and so is my husband. Of course, I have only a lowly Master's degree from a Southern Ivy, but my husband did actually manage to get to that White Coat ceremony at BCM that the OP aspires to for his kids. Thank goodness he and I were able to overcome our humble middle class public school roots and succeed despite these shortcomings our terrible parents heaped upon us.......

Old 10-28-2014, 01:52 PM

6 posts, read 16,054 times
I know Fort settlement/Clements, those school are one of the best school in houston as environment, quality of students, organization..wise etc.
I read some comments on this OP, stating that people in riverstone wouldn't be happy to pay that much taxes if their kids are not going to those best schools.
I'm thinking about purchasing a house in Riverstone and actually I think those future Riverstone schools are going to be very competitive. Riverstone's average house price is higher than sugarland average, that makes me assume that average income/education level would be higher too. Thus, I believe Elkins might be as good as Clements in the future.
Just curiosity, why people think those riverstone zoning schools are not that much attractive..?

Old 10-28-2014, 02:15 PM

614 posts, read 1,237,463 times
Some of you parents just make me sick. Why are y'all bickering about schools that are more similar than they are different. Clements vs Elkins vs Dulles. Granted, Clements is the best of the bunch but we're not talking night and day like some posters are making it out to be. If your kids are going to turn to a life of crime by going to one of these schools, I guarantee it's because of your failure as a parent and not the schools fault. We're not talking about Clements vs willow ridge or such. Trying not to offend people from willow ridge but let's be realistic, willow ridge is probably the worse hs in the district. I think some of y'all should be more concerned with raising your children the right way than worrying about going to Clements, Elkins, Dulles, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston