Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 04:01 PM

676 posts, read 931,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipuck View Post
No. I just don't want to be around future criminals and kids with parents who like to blame everybody but themselves. I am just not going to dance around the subject just to be PC.

Tavron can't read? Let's go protest. Nevermind the parents have never bought a book or read to Tavon once.

Shaniqua can't get a job? They just want to hold us down. Nevermind the fact she can't talk proper english and think 9-5 means i show up when i show up.

Now who's fault is that?
Just because the school is in a less expensive area does not mean the kids there are growing up to be criminals. There is just as good of a chance that schools in the richer areas such as FSMS can have the same issues. They can also have the same problems with drugs and other crimes. I know many people who have gone to FCMS and guess what, they can all ready perfectly fine! They also excel in all the other subjects as well! It is ridiculous that you are trying to bring race into this, the same things can happen to any kid, does not matter if they are White, Black, Asian, etc. You are just being a racist snob who thinks anyone not as wealthy as you is evil and going to do harm. I have noticed that lots of people that live Telfair and Riverstone have this idea that they are some high up class comparable to those in Sweetwater, River Oaks and Memorial, and think they can act even snootier than those in the richer areas. I have friends in all three of those richer neighborhoods and all of them are down to earth and very nice. If you met them in public you would never guess how rich they are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2014, 04:19 PM

2,188 posts, read 3,217,718 times
how times have changed when your arguing whether First Colony or Fort Settlement is better....

it used to be Quail Valley vs. the East Side schools

what's next....there can only be 1 valedictorian...

Old 10-28-2014, 05:05 PM

2,465 posts, read 5,792,275 times
If you're a Riverstone resident and concerned about the feeder options please voice your concern through this online petition. Please help the Riverstone community to influence FBISD

FBISD presentation and questionnaire link:
Planning for our Future / Community Dialogue: District-Wide Feeder Patterns

Online petition:

Petition STOP Riverstone feeding to First Colony

News story:
Community fighting Fort Bend ISD's school rezoning plan | abc13.com

Old 10-28-2014, 05:43 PM

676 posts, read 931,671 times
Quote:
I did went on a tour per your suggestion. When I drove up to the parking lot, I saw a bunch of rice mobiles. It must be the local Indian gang New Delhi Creepers. I park as far away as possible from them. I did notice couple of chinese kids were staring down at my car. I turn on my car alarm just in case.

I went in and ask for a tour and explain to them I need to see the school so I can understand the realignment issue properly. They call the Principal Mr. Clark out. He greet me and told me he would give me a tour. I had to show them my ID and walk through the metal detector of course. Couple of cops were still manning the front door i notice. I heard them mumbling about stopping a gang fight in the boys room earlier.

While walking through the building, lot of lights were not working so I almost fell down when there was a small crack on the marble floor. Wow what an old building. How could they let kids in here. Nothing is fixed here.

After my tour, Principal Clark unlock the chains and let me out. Said something about drug problems here so had to keep the locks so only students would come in.

In conclusion, Riverstone parents are right. Their 22k property tax they paid deserve better than this. This school should only be attended by the poor folks in First Colony.

You must have been high on something when you were touring the school. Your BFF Mary Jane? The doors are not chained shut. Lights can burn out at FSMS also, its not something that only happens in "poor" areas like First Colony LOL! You make it sound like there was a crack the size of a ditch in the marble. This whole post is cracking me up.

Old 10-28-2014, 06:14 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbcu View Post
how times have changed when your arguing whether First Colony or Fort Settlement is better....

it used to be Quail Valley vs. the East Side schools

what's next....there can only be 1 valedictorian...
That's what I'm saying...

Old 10-28-2014, 06:27 PM

5,429 posts, read 14,842,829 times
Love the sarcastic posts ipuck.

And as a reminder, everyone in FBISD pays the same tax rate to FBISD. If your tax rate is higher than other neighborhoods, it's because of your MUD, LID and/or city tax. It's not due to the school district and doesn't mean you deserve better schools or more say on the schools.

Old 10-28-2014, 07:46 PM

5,614 posts, read 4,939,687 times
Also folks, no one neighborhood "carries" a district financially, no matter how expensive it is. All the taxes get "equalized" by the State of Texas anyway at the per-student spending figure for each district. A district comprised of mostly low income students might still be a "donor" district that's helping to fund a "taker" district. HISD is a donor district because of all the high-value commercial property. A district comprised of affluent households but exclusively residential might still be a "taker" district.

Old 10-28-2014, 08:05 PM

188 posts, read 349,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalPlanner View Post
Also folks, no one neighborhood "carries" a district financially, no matter how expensive it is. All the taxes get "equalized" by the State of Texas anyway at the per-student spending figure for each district. A district comprised of mostly low income students might still be a "donor" district that's helping to fund a "taker" district. HISD is a donor district because of all the high-value commercial property. A district comprised of affluent households but exclusively residential might still be a "taker" district.
Very good information. It might help anybody under the misconception that they are shouldering the burden of whole school district with their high tax rate.

Old 10-28-2014, 08:24 PM

74 posts, read 122,304 times
Quote:
Heard of white flight? I don't want my children to associate with kids/parents that does not have the same regard for education as I do.

Instead of getting so offended, maybe the poor and minorities need to look in the mirror and fix the problem at home instead of blaming everybody else for the problem.
Oh I know it all to well and just because a person is a non-white does not equate to them having a disregard for education. People are offended by the constant braying of others who equate their assumptions as facts

Old 10-29-2014, 08:52 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,124,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swopoe View Post
Are you kidding me? You do not get it at all. At all. Public education is not based on the value of your home. Sorry. Do you only want my family because our home is worth a pretty penny? What if my family's home was worth $400k? Would you not want us then? My kids are still in the GT program, I am still a highly involved parent, my kids still make straight A's and are very involved in school activities, my husband still has a PhD, and I still have a master's degree. Would we not be good enough for you then?

This makes me sick.

+1 swopoe

I'll take my poor neighborhood in Sienna over your first-class a%*-*&*! of a neighbor in Riverstone. I am sorry you got saddled with such yahoos for neighbors.

America isn't being ruined by all the current national hot-button topics. It's thanks to people who have these kinds of self-entitled, elitist and ignorant attitudes. Pathetic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston