U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2007, 07:28 PM

14,743 posts, read 31,022,233 times

Advertisements

I'm from the West Coast and considering a move. I lived in Atlanta for 2 years almost 15 years ago, shortly after college, and liked it a lot. However, I considered moving back and declined because I didn't like any of the professional opportunities that presented themselves.

How's Houston? I've been several times and it seems quite nice. It's now America's 4th largest city. Real estate is decently priced per my internet searches and, yes, I know property taxes are high, though.

My questions:
- it is possible to meet single down-to-earth yet educated professional women? (MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION of this list).
- how long does the super uncomfortable heat last?
- where does one go when they want to day trip out of Houston?
- how far until you get to decent usable beaches on the Gulf?
- I'm a suburbs guy. I don't like in-town living. Where is a nice area to buy a newer suburban home, preferably in an area with trees, that might still have singles there?

Any help is appreciated! And, Happy New Year!
Rate this post positively

Old 04-30-2010, 01:24 PM

3 posts, read 13,215 times
its 2010, and considerbale by a professional asian 24 yrs male side, i would says single ladies more likely be in these 3 location, katy, conroe, and pasadena texas. the heat is only last 50% of the year. the rest is either wierd cold nights and random rainstorms. lucky if get snow 2 per yr. for a day trip is down 1-45 fwy.1-10 or a trip around 610 loop. sry no more Astroworld them park but u get splashtown water park, galveston adventures or the lakes around houstons and conroes.in houston from the 610 loop in or out for about 30 min apart. is about 45min ride in good traffic to the gulf 45 min to conroe lake. 30 min to magnolia lake, 1hr ride to summerville 10hr to texas city lake.. tree non suburb city area? uhm downtown or hieghts. GOOD LUCK, i know its been 3 years.

Old 04-30-2010, 01:40 PM

1,211 posts, read 3,285,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Market2SuccessOnline View Post
its 2010, and considerbale by a professional asian 24 yrs male side, i would says single ladies more likely be in these 3 location, katy, conroe, and pasadena texas. the heat is only last 50% of the year. the rest is either wierd cold nights and random rainstorms. lucky if get snow 2 per yr. for a day trip is down 1-45 fwy.1-10 or a trip around 610 loop. sry no more Astroworld them park but u get splashtown water park, galveston adventures or the lakes around houstons and conroes.in houston from the 610 loop in or out for about 30 min apart. is about 45min ride in good traffic to the gulf 45 min to conroe lake. 30 min to magnolia lake, 1hr ride to summerville 10hr to texas city lake.. tree non suburb city area? uhm downtown or hieghts. GOOD LUCK, i know its been 3 years.
Good info there ^.

I will add, however, that if you do take that trip around the 610 loop, stay in the middle lane and turn on your flashers please.

Old 04-30-2010, 03:13 PM

9,053 posts, read 15,861,553 times
Quote:
Why are you digging up three year old posts?

Old 05-01-2010, 09:55 PM

12,613 posts, read 19,794,514 times
Quote:
Great Inofo!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston