Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2014, 08:05 AM

1 posts, read 1,277 times

Advertisements

Hi,

We just moved in from India this week and need help with some apartments for renting. My husbands office is in clearlake and we are looking for something closeby. Ideally would like something which has some indian communities and is safe. Have heard and read about break ins being too common and hence we are a little scared. We don't know many folks in Houston so any help will be greatly appreciated.*

Thanks,
Bhavya
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2014, 10:08 AM

200 posts, read 298,553 times
https://www.city-data.com/forum/houst...e-houston.html

just saving time reposting. there are some nice apartments around here but I don't know the specifics of their ethnic makeups.

if you visit first you might stop in one of these places and see what you can find out.
Raj Grocers - Clear Lake - Webster, TX | Yelp or Bismillah Grocers & Halal Meat - Clear Lake - Webster, TX | Yelp
maybe even call them or the community link on the other thread

Old 11-02-2014, 03:09 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,057,056 times
you would be better in pearland, which is 10-15 miles west of Clearlake. there s an INdian temple there. You do not have a big community of Indians , as most of them work within the city.

Old 11-02-2014, 10:23 PM

1 posts, read 1,171 times
Houston in general is friendly and safe; so I guess you really don't have to worry about it! You can choose anything close-by because there is no particular location in Houston that is specifically dedicated to Indian community. Good luck!

Old 11-02-2014, 10:32 PM

17,183 posts, read 23,024,075 times
Yes, there is an Indian Temple in Pearland

Sri Meenakshi Temple Society - Home

Not all Indian Temples are the same though, so it may or may not suit the particular family.
Pearland has a large community of Indians near the Temple and more in Shadow Creek Ranch.

There is a large Pearland Desi Group. Pearland Desi Group | Welcome Desis!!
You can join and get the emails about events even if you do not live in Pearland, I think.

There is also a Temple in Sugar Land.
Saumyakasi- Siva Temple of Houston,Hindu Temple of US

Old 11-03-2014, 05:54 AM

8,898 posts, read 20,080,401 times
not all areas of Houston would be considered safe. Some are better than others. There are a lot of Indian college students attending university of Houston clear lake so I imagine you would find a lot of those students living in the aoartments near the university.

Old 11-02-2015, 01:53 PM

82 posts, read 256,540 times
Sugar Land and Katy are the Indian hubs. But they are far from ClearLake. Pearland is a good option.

Also look at the Indian community sites.

Sulekha.com - For all your Local Needs & Property Details
Houston Indian Community - Indian restaurants in Houston Area

Old 11-02-2015, 02:46 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,232,805 times
Pearland? that's a terrible idea when it comes to traffic. you guys act like clearlake is the slum of 3rd ward or sunnyside.

I lived on hwy 3 near el dorado it seemed plenty safe to me. Their is lots of newer nice stuff closer to nasa though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston