Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2014, 11:09 AM

10,097 posts, read 9,929,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
I can list at least eight, maybe ten reasons why some people do this...

1) SSI payments (Nothing like money out of the thin air, just declare each kid has a learning problem, and BAM, $720 per child each month!)

2) Temporary Assistance (That never ends, we can't be cruel and just cut it off)

3) Free Milk and Cheese aka WIC (Keep them children coming that can't be afforded and only buy the good stuff, like Promised Land Chocolate Milk, mmm-mmm-mmmmmm)

4) Free Lunch for kids and adults (Pack a lunch, pfft, what for? The school, or activity center will feed us for free)

5) Food Stamps (While one pays for their fillet with EBT, I wait behind them with my hamburger meat)

6) Free Phone (If you don't get enough minutes, get multiple phones)

7) Medicaid/Obama Care (Subsidized. Only foo's pay for stinking insurance. Maybe get that bad knee replaced, or bypass surgery for free)

8) Free Childcare (Why take care of all your kids? Work at McDonald's and send your kids to Kipling Academy like all them people with money)

9) Section 8 (Look on HAR to find good neighborhoods)

10) Rent Subsidies (OK, HAR did not list any safe place, just get your rent subsidy in whatever neighborhood you choose, Seciton 8 is just for the hardcore anyway),

11?) Soon Obama Internet (Apparently. Everyone deserves 156MB/Sec to be able to look for jobs, and surf City-Data)

Why in the world would anyone want to work when they can get all these things at YOUR expense? Why not stay home and watch Judge Judy on the big 55 inch, sipping on some 'red drink', and eating some tasty tacos instead of working for a living? To these welfare-for-life people, going out to commit a crime for cash is just like going to an ATM. Any proceeds from a robbery is just icing on the cake.

Seriously, and for the record, a functioning welfare system is needed, there are a lot of honest people who need temporary help. The problem is with those with the 'progressive' mind set who think the thresholds for qualification should be low, leading to rampant and obscene abuse and uneducated, often illiterate parents, who perpetuate this cycle of living.
Man, don't start this. A woman was robbed during the holiday season and you want to make this political and shame people on assistance? What a knee jerk reactionary thing to say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2014, 02:25 PM

480 posts, read 1,690,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhafer View Post
Can you send me a link to the type of vest you wear? I just got my CHL and am trying to figure out what will work best for me. I'm thinking I want it on my person, not in my purse.
One of my neigbhors bought a flashbang like in this video, she liked it.

Flashbang bra holster demo. Fast, safe and practical. - YouTube

Old 11-11-2014, 02:40 PM

1,347 posts, read 1,803,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post

11?) Soon Obama Internet (Apparently. Everyone deserves 156MB/Sec to be able to look for jobs, and surf City-Data)
I'm assuming you're talking about net neutrality. That's not how the concept works, but okay. I don't see how that has anything to do with welfare or the robbery at hand.

Old 11-11-2014, 03:04 PM

222 posts, read 447,124 times
PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR SURROUNDINGS WOMEN! I pound this into my wife's head constantly, My mom gets some of the same treatment lol. Always be on the lookout and always know whats going on around you. She carries a pistol in a bra holster and Ive got my mom and younger sisters on the conceal carry bandwagon as well. carrying a firearm will not do any good if your head is in the clouds or your walking around like a zombie on your phone.

Old 11-11-2014, 04:02 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,186,711 times
Default Wow..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timnwendy View Post

That is a nice holster right there.

Old 11-11-2014, 04:40 PM

159 posts, read 176,575 times
Quote:

I'm too distracted staring at ummmmm.... what is this video about?

Old 11-11-2014, 07:57 PM

8,891 posts, read 19,873,797 times
Quote:

I find it disturbing that she isn't practicing with the safety on. She is pointing that thing all over the place when reholstering it, it could discharge. They should time her like they did, and then show the time to fire if she releases a safety.

Old 11-12-2014, 12:50 AM

2,271 posts, read 5,121,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Man, don't start this. A woman was robbed during the holiday season and you want to make this political and shame people on assistance? What a knee jerk reactionary thing to say.
Yep, seems way off topic in my opinion.

It is true though, criminals are more than halfway to goal if you're distracted.

So sorry this happened.

Old 11-12-2014, 12:12 PM

836 posts, read 1,110,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by v2four View Post
its easy pickings for a thief, especially if you are pre-occupied....I think its going to get to a point where women will have to stop carrying purses around...I know a lot of yall like to show off your louis vutton or jimmy chou or coach bag, but to a thief that represents potential money and easy and quick credit cards, along with your ID and phone, etc...

No, no, no! Women still need to carry a purse. I saw on the news that crooks target cars when they see a women get out with no purse. They think she left her purse in the car. So you have a broken window and stolen purse if you left it in the car.

Carry a cheap purse with your id and money in a pants pocket. You might even have a wallet in your purse with a few dollar bills. Throw it at them and run.

Old 11-12-2014, 01:30 PM

1,483 posts, read 1,708,188 times
Most sane people with concealed carry licenses will tell you that a "stick up" is not the time to draw a gun. It is not worth ending or losing a life over the contents of your wallet/purse. If you need to carry a gun because you are in dangerous situations in which you might have to protect your life, that makes sense, but it's beyond stupid to spend so much money and time on "personal protection" for the purposes of pulling out a piece in the middle of a robbery such as the one described here, especially with a child involved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston