Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2022, 11:30 AM

5,612 posts, read 4,936,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbcu View Post
Yep - waller was "out there" and you hear little about it But they invested in new schools for the past 20 years so it looks nice lol -

Royal never has been the place to go - the actual city/town is dead, demographics aren't in its favor, etc - only way you'll avoid feeding the stigma is they construct a new school specifically for that development
I imagine the LGI and Signorelli projects will necessitate new elementary schools at some point which will be exclusive to those developments and more definitively middle class in demographic profile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2022, 04:20 PM

6,470 posts, read 4,070,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalPlanner View Post
I imagine the LGI and Signorelli projects will necessitate new elementary schools at some point which will be exclusive to those developments and more definitively middle class in demographic profile.
I think it's gonna happen simply because the demographics of Fulshear and Katy. Not only is Katy one of the fastest building out part of Houston. Fulshear is literally the wealthiest true suburb of Houston, by a massive margin as well. Not to mention Bridgeland will back directly into Katy ISD, which will back into Royal on the north side. Now, I think Richmond and North Katy will get the most spillover from all the development in Cypress and Katy/Fulshear. But would be surprised if the price point decreased so much from Fulshear nearly 200,000 median family home income.

Old 02-22-2022, 07:10 PM

5,612 posts, read 4,936,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
I think it's gonna happen simply because the demographics of Fulshear and Katy. Not only is Katy one of the fastest building out part of Houston. Fulshear is literally the wealthiest true suburb of Houston, by a massive margin as well. Not to mention Bridgeland will back directly into Katy ISD, which will back into Royal on the north side. Now, I think Richmond and North Katy will get the most spillover from all the development in Cypress and Katy/Fulshear. But would be surprised if the price point decreased so much from Fulshear nearly 200,000 median family home income.
While families with school-aged children are but one segment of the suburban housing market, do not underestimate their impact on home prices. Families with Fulshear-level incomes have the financial latitude to look at multiple locations to buy. I can't imagine them choosing Royal if other better-perceived options are available.

Old 02-23-2022, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalPlanner View Post
While families with school-aged children are but one segment of the suburban housing market, do not underestimate their impact on home prices. Families with Fulshear-level incomes have the financial latitude to look at multiple locations to buy. I can't imagine them choosing Royal if other better-perceived options are available.
Yeah, I'm not saying the Fulshear residents will start looking at Royal ISD. Fulshear High school isn't even rated as good as it's neighboring Katy Schools, although a massive proportion of Fulshear residents are zone to Jordan High School. I'm just saying, with Fulshear approaching a median family income of 200,000. You wouldn't expect a development where the median family income is below 80,000, let alone Brookshire's current of 43,000 to become the mainstream in Royal ISD. Jordan Ranch and Vanbrooke is already in Brookshire and I don't know the median incomes of this place but average housing price in both is nowhere near starter home level (140,000-200,000 or 250,000 in the post-Covid market it seems). It's also nowhere near Brookshire's median home price which is 180,000 (was hovering around 120,000 before the massive rise we've seen)

Old 03-22-2022, 04:00 PM

9,862 posts, read 6,579,684 times
Well that was fast. It seems like that Waller County announcement was just yesterday.

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/...ks-ground.html

Old 03-22-2022, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
Well that was fast. It seems like that Waller County announcement was just yesterday.

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/...ks-ground.html
This is so far out it almost bamboozles me.

Old 03-22-2022, 06:56 PM

9,862 posts, read 6,579,684 times
Quote:
Then you’d probably be even more bamboozled by a similar development in New Waverley

Old 03-22-2022, 10:51 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,563,204 times
Quote:
Gotta go to the boonies to offer affordable acreage homesites.

Old 03-23-2022, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
Then you’d probably be even more bamboozled by a similar development in New Waverley
New Waverly is off I-45. This is about 10-13 miles from 290/I-10/99. Your literally gonna have to travel through all of Northern Katy and whatever development spurns from Waller and Brookshire, to get to a highway. In 20 years, you might be functionally 40 minutes from Houston city limits.

Old 03-23-2022, 10:42 AM

305 posts, read 265,379 times
Quote:
New Waverly is off I-45. This is about 10-13 miles from 290/I-10/99. Your literally gonna have to travel through all of Northern Katy and whatever development spurns from Waller and Brookshire, to get to a highway. In 20 years, you might be functionally 40 minutes from Houston city limits.
I could be wrong, but for many people living this far out, I don't think driving into Houston is something that happens all that often. I think I could easily go a year without driving into Houston city limits. Everything needed in day-to-day life is either available in the far-out areas, or can be ordered and delivered to the house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston